• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Xeeynamo

OpenGL OpenGL texture questions

This topic is 2300 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm programming a library that it's compatible with OpenGL and OpenGL ES, nothing that seems for me hard. I read somewhere that OpenGL ES supports various texture types like RGB565, RGBA5551 etc, but I didn't found anything for OpenGL. Searching I found GL_RGB5 and other releated stuff, but I don't know how to use it. Firstly seems that GL_RGB5 doesn't give support for 565 colors and I don't know why I should specify the internalformat and the format of a texture and their differences. There is also the type, like GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, GL_BYTE, GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT etc., but I don't understand how and when use them. Also when I try to mapping textures, the 3D model gets only the right-bottom pixel from the texture and I don't understand why.

Can someone help me?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!