Beginner Concept artist, Need improvement on character concept.

Started by
3 comments, last by sunandshadow 12 years ago

[Deleted]

Advertisement
Well,your drawing looks rough indeed,but it's OK as you are just a beginner.
Try to draw more clearly at some important parts.If you have no idea of the look,you may search some references on the Internet.
Learning from others is always a good way to improve you own skills.

i need someone to make a (better) concept art for this character which i made (which i will then proceed to model and animate etc.) sorta like a remake of my concept.

How much are you willing to pay ?

Other than that I would invest time in learning concept art. Here are some starting hints:
1. Buy a book about learning drawing (you will get some for 10-20$)
2. Work from references.
3. Practise,practise and after this you still need to practise alot.
4. Creature concept 101: learn to make concepts from existing animals first, then try to combine different aspects of animals into the design/concept of your own creature (->reference).
Thank you all for your feedback and help.
I taught a free character design class at Deviant Art a few months ago, the lectures and assignments from it are still available for anyone to read: http://deviantart-academy.deviantart.com/gallery/34014800
Also, mine was the advanced class, if it seems to complex you can look for the lessons from the other instructor(s) who taught a non-advanced section.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement