• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Alpha_ProgDes

Has anyone played or purchase Code Hero?

This topic is 2239 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
It was a dollar to get the game when it was on KickStarter (you can actually still buy it for $1), so I bought it but hadn't installed it.
I just installed it after reading this thread - after 30 minutes, my initial thought is: I'm glad I picked up a copy, but I'll stash it away and play it in a year when the game is more stable.

Too buggy. They are calling it a 'beta', but 'early alpha' is my first impression.

But as far as the idea goes, yea, I can definitely see myself learning Javascript/Unityscript through it... but I already know C++ and have messed around with a few scripting languages in the past, so with the Javascript it's basically teaching me syntax. In it's current state, I think someone unfamiliar with programming would be really confused.

But hey, it's in not yet finished and I only gave it 30 minutes, so we'll see what comes out of it in a year or so.
They raised $170,000 so hopefully they make something cool. I don't expect them to, "change the world" as they proclaim, but at only $1, I don't lose anything if they fail to do so.

My suggestion: Buy it at a dollar now and go play it in a year or so.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!