Feminism is the destroying the world!

Started by
4 comments, last by swiftcoder 12 years ago
Some of you may remember my incredibly sexist hypothesis which eventually evolved to the point where I was claiming the majority of women are not as intelligent as men. All of you flat out rejected this idea and made me feel as though I was probably wrong. As a result over the past few months I have been doing a great deal of research, and my conclusion is that I was not only right but the situation is far worse than I initially thought.

Regardless of the amount of evidence I provided and my best attempts to explain my findings most of you will simply disregard what I say. So I have decided to let a woman who is far more articulate and traditionally educated explain the problem for me. I will undoubtedly receive a ban for this post given its offensive nature and my false label as an internet troll but this is acceptable as long as at least a few of you realize the truth behind my message no matter how distasteful it may be. I implore you to at least give this video a few minutes of your time even if you do not watch the whole thing:
Advertisement
Want to at least post a summary of this half-hour video that supposedly proves why your offensive bigotry (to paraphrase your own description) is correct?

Just saying "Hey guys I'm an offensive misogynist but this video proves I'm right so watch it" (paraphrasing) does not really inspire me to click.

Without having watched it, the title doesn't really interest me because feminism is largely a historical movement in 'the west' -- it's over. The gender-based bigotry of the past, where women were treated as a lesser species that were owned by males has been defeated, and thus feminism has reached it's goal. It hardly exists any more, having achieved it's purpose. Feminism is now either active in other parts of the world, or is fighting smaller and smaller battles in the west, or is a label falsely used by anti-male bigots who are just as bad as the original bad guys, or by equality-nazis who've taken things so far that they've missed the point of what 'equality' means.
So... when someone blames current feminist actions for current problems, it immediately makes me think of this 3rd group, which isn't feminism at all, and I'm not interested in watching a half-hour straw-man.

And yes, the last warning you received was because you were only starting offensive lounge threads without actually participating in any other (game-dev related) forums. So I would not be surprised if another mod decides to close this thread and suspend your account.

Just saying "Hey guys I'm an offensive misogynist but this video proves I'm right so watch it" (paraphrasing) does not really inspire me to click.

She is sitting in the kitchen. Point taken.
Intelligence is not a goal, it's means. Intelligence correlates with learning and deductive abilities. Over time, different types of intelligence were identified, from mathematical to social, logic, deduction and more. Some pick up new concepts faster, are able to reason about outcome faster.

But it's been many decades now since all attempts to directly apply linear intelligence scores to success in life failed. Incredible mathematicians didn't have skills to keep themselves alive on their own. People who couldn't add 2 and 2 together lead countries to victories. Incidence of intelligence is the same across all groups, unrelated to age, race, upbringing, diet or religious beliefs.

Learning is primarily determined about environment. Someone with incredible social affinity living in isolation will not be able to develop those skills, no matter how good they are.

In West, most of these social movements were about removing obstacles based on unrelated preconceptions.Rather than following dogmas, they allowed anyone to participate in any group. They were about giving everyone an equal chance, rather than someone being excluded from clerical positions simply because they were born on Big Avenue #201, whereas the clerical caste ends at #200.

Today, "smarts" are the preferred measure of one's affinity. Smarts are measured through results. Instead of doing tests, one looks at how one performed over course of years in a given society.

An atheist who keeps rambling about inexistence of god in a church is not very "smart", though their IQ might be through the roof.

And since our society is increasingly complex, with increasingly conflicting and diverse value systems, some directly opposing each other, smartness also requires being critical about which battles to fight, where and when. Absolute scales and total victories aren't possible anymore. One of increasingly important skills is just that, deciding which trade-offs are worth it and which will bring results.

Without having watched it, the title doesn't really interest me because feminism is largely a historical movement in 'the west' -- it's over. The gender-based bigotry of the past, where women were treated as a lesser species that were owned by males has been defeated, and thus feminism has reached it's goal. It hardly exists any more, having achieved it's purpose. Feminism is now either active in other parts of the world, or is fighting smaller and smaller battles in the west, or is a label falsely used by anti-male bigots who are just as bad as the original bad guys, or by equality-nazis who've taken things so far that they've missed the point of what 'equality' means.

Non-trivial bolded part is non-trivial.

Feminism and post-feminism are still active movements; post feminism being more active in the west. They don't have quite the same goals as the first movement (wikipoodia notes it as third-wave feminism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism#Late_twentieth_and_early_twenty-first_centuries), but they are still active.

That is all I want to contribute to this discussion :X
I'll reiterate once again that GameDev is not a suitable venue to promote racism, eugenics or gender discrimination.

You have also been warned previously about being a 'lounge lizard', and yet you have only posted once outside of the lounge in the several weeks since your last warning.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement