• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

solving intersected blobs

This topic is 2142 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm doing a blob tracking algorithm, and I have a problem. I'm having two lists of objects and blobs, where objects save the number of blobs that has been process every frame. When two blobs are merged, I check for that. I wanted to have a list of objects that save the total numbers of blobs even if the the blobs are merged together.
The current problem is when two blobs merges, I can have a list of objects that have the previous number of separated blobs, that is ok, but when in the next frame the two merged blobs, gets separated, the code keeps adding a one object at time.

void Tracker::ProcessObjects( )
{
if(m_Objs.empty())
{
for(std::list<Blob>::iterator iter = m_Blobs.begin(); iter!=m_Blobs.end(); iter++)
{
Obj * obj = new Obj(m_iTrackerId++, iter->m_Pos, 0);
m_Objs.push_back(*obj);
}
}
else {
double x, y, xT, yT, dist;
std::list<Blob>::iterator blob = m_Blobs.end();
for(std::list<Obj>::iterator iter = m_Objs.begin(); iter!=m_Objs.end(); iter++)
{
dist = 327680000;
for(std::list<Blob>::iterator iter2 = m_Blobs.begin(); iter2!=m_Blobs.end(); iter2++)
{
double _dist = iter->m_Pos.distance(iter2->m_Pos);
if(_dist<=200 && _dist<dist) // threshold hard coded, distance between obj and blob used for update!
{
blob = iter2;
dist = _dist;
}
}
if(blob != m_Blobs.end())
{
blob->bUsed = true; // if this already true, indicator for a merge state, update obj to be merged state
iter->m_Pos = blob->m_Pos;
}
else
{
iter->m_not_found++;
}
}
for(std::list<Blob>::iterator iter = m_Blobs.begin(); iter!=m_Blobs.end(); iter++)
{
if(!iter->bUsed )
{
Obj * obj = new Obj(m_iTrackerId++, iter->m_Pos, 0);
m_Objs.push_back(*obj);
}
else
{
std::cout<<"do nothing"<<std::endl;
}
}
}