SDL 1.2: Compile/Make error

Started by
1 comment, last by ttp 12 years ago
I've installed Codeblocks with MinGW and GCC, followed by installing msys to compile SDL-1.2.

'msys' installed to c:\MinGW\msys.

I didn't install mingw again but it did have a mingw32 folder in c:\MinGW\msys\1.0 folder.

I copied and made a second folder there called mingw to cover my basis as well as copying the mingw32-make.exe to both of their bin folders.

I get this error when attempting a make or make install:

"
make: *** No rule to make target 'build/SDL.lo', needed by 'build/libSDL.la'. Stop.
"

I've searched for the answer specific to the error but it tends to either be in linux distribution bug reports and one report that is specific to this case it seems, and that's ~3 years old and showed no resolve.

I've been working with C#/XNA, pygame and a few other treats, but have come to the realization that I need to bite the bullet and go with a lower level language.

Please help me traumatize myself with C++.
Advertisement
Aside from craziness... why build SDL? They have pre-built binaries for practically every platform (including MinGW). If you are just starting with C++, just use the pre-built library.

http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php
Seems to work, it'll still bother me why it didn't work out, but I have better things to do, like learn.

Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement