Unable to create full-screen direct3d9Ex device

Started by
1 comment, last by 7thSigil 12 years ago
Could someone please give an example of how to correctly initialize d3d9ex device in fullscreen? Windowed mode works fine, but all configurations that I've tried fail when setting windowed = false ... Maybe i'm missing something here? Forgive me for such a noob question =)

//Sample code.. though i've tried quite a few different configs..

SlimDX.Direct3D9.PresentParameters presentParams = new SlimDX.Direct3D9.PresentParameters
{
BackBufferWidth = this.Width,
BackBufferHeight = this.Height,
DeviceWindowHandle = this.Handle,
BackBufferFormat = d3dex.Adapters.DefaultAdapter.CurrentDisplayMode.Format,
BackBufferCount = 3,
Windowed = false
};

SlimDX.Direct3D9.DisplayModeEx fsdm = d3dex.AdaptersEx.DefaultAdapter.CurrentDisplayMode;

dev9ex = new DeviceEx(d3dex, 0, SlimDX.Direct3D9.DeviceType.Hardware, this.Handle, SlimDX.Direct3D9.CreateFlags.HardwareVertexProcessing, presentParams, fsdm);
// D3DERR_INVALID_CALL Exception, no matter what configs i use
Advertisement
You can turn on the debug runtimes to get more information about a failing D3D call. You can turn it on in the DirectX control panel, and debug messages will get output to the native debugging output stream. Since it's the native debug output you have to have native debugging enabled, or use a program like DebugView to see the messages.
Thank you so much! I did enable debug runtime, though i was unaware of the fact that vs projects have a native debugging switch.. stupid me :/ Anyway, problem solved

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement