• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

2 Game Designs I'd like to discuss

This topic is 2140 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've got two game designs I'd like your C&C on, these are just some ideas I've had and are in no way a work in progress development wise, I've not even finished designing them yet just want to see what you lot think of it!

Co-Op Thief RPG.
The objective is to steal items and aim to be the ultimate thief in the games universe. The player can decide between stealth style game play or all out combat with enemy monsters and guards. You can even mix up the gameplay during the heist.
Targets for the thief will be fortifications, towers, shops, mansions, airships and other such buildings, the player can chose to climb and stealth their way through to steal the item, or attack and fight their way through.
Items the player has stolen will be stored back at the player’s base, the player’s base will be customisable and the player can chose the environment for the base.
Other players online will be able to steal items from your base if you play online or NPC characters can fill that task and so in order to protect your stolen goods you can recruit the help of monsters and mercenaries from the game world. It’ll be up to the player to train the guards, you can do this by fighting them.
There will be dungeon crawling elements which will allow to player to train and level up, and also capture monsters for their base. [/quote]

SpacePort Manager Simulator.

· Choice of Scenery; Planet (Desert, Water, Jungle, Metropolis), Asteroid, Space Station (Different planet backdrops).
· Build trade services around your space station such as shops, mercenary camps, freelance miners.
· Create fleets and send them out to mine planets or asteroid belts for minerals too sell on your markets. Also create trade fleets too send your markets off to other parts of the galaxy to increase income.
· Manage economies befriending empires to increase business (such as, befriending the human empire which will decrease how much the fuel costs them but increase resource yields and fame, and reduce the cost for repairs and upgrades for the player).
· Easy to use UI
· Own multiple space stations and buy out competing businesses and their space stations and fleets.
· Time System including Day and Night system for planetary scenery.
· Protect your Space Station and fleets from terrorist attacks and alien attacks.
· RPG elements[/quote]

So yes please tell me what you think, even if you think the ideas are utter rubbish! But please tell me why! :)

Advertisement
I dont like the thief idea.. Doesnt feel much like a thief gameplay if you can fight your way through the enemies to get to the price at the end.
It's really just in basic a capture the flag game... nothing to do with thief.. could be treasure hunter game more likely.

that first game is very interestting and iv never seen a game like that(not saying there isnt one but iv never seen it). with the right balance it could be pretty cool, not something id play very in depth(me personally) but definitely would check it out and play sometimes.

the second game is more my style, but maybe you could write a descriptive paragraph like the 1st and i would give some helpful criticism for it.

glhf- well i think the first could be more in depth then just capture the flag... as long as the design makes it so.

I dont like the thief idea.. Doesnt feel much like a thief gameplay if you can fight your way through the enemies to get to the price at the end.
It's really just in basic a capture the flag game... nothing to do with thief.. could be treasure hunter game more likely.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from with that, I think making the all out fighting a fail event might be a better idea. So you can't actually fail in the mission but you'll end up making things harder for yourself and there could be other penalties as well.

that first game is very interestting and iv never seen a game like that(not saying there isnt one but iv never seen it). with the right balance it could be pretty cool, not something id play very in depth(me personally) but definitely would check it out and play sometimes.

the second game is more my style, but maybe you could write a descriptive paragraph like the 1st and i would give some helpful criticism for it.

glhf- well i think the first could be more in depth then just capture the flag... as long as the design makes it so.

Yeah, I'd like to beef out the Spaceport manager idea and am currently working on a more in depth description, I'll get it posted when I finish it!

[quote name='glhf' timestamp='1334448498' post='4931288']

Yeah, I see where you're coming from with that, I think making the all out fighting a fail event might be a better idea. So you can't actually fail in the mission but you'll end up making things harder for yourself and there could be other penalties as well.

Yeah, I'd like to beef out the Spaceport manager idea and am currently working on a more in depth description, I'll get it posted when I finish it!
[/quote]cool dude, im acctly working on(just writing right now, making ideas) my own prject involving space! i love space! its very free lol. your idea is cool, sounds like a tycoon ower defense\economic take over game. 1 questions, would you be in a 1st person state where YOU are a character and can effect things, or is like "god" game view where you just controll things?

[quote name='Oxymoron28' timestamp='1334449624' post='4931294']
[quote name='glhf' timestamp='1334448498' post='4931288']

[/quote]cool dude, im acctly working on(just writing right now, making ideas) my own prject involving space! i love space! its very free lol. your idea is cool, sounds like a tycoon ower defense\economic take over game. 1 questions, would you be in a 1st person state where YOU are a character and can effect things, or is like "god" game view where you just controll things?
[/quote]

Aha yeah, Space sims seem to of completely died out now, which is such a shame! I love them! :D.

And I'm currently debating the idea; Because I'm not quite sure whether I'd want to be just spaceport manager with more for the player like fleet management and economy simulation involving empires and the like. Or having it as a space sim with a spaceport/fleet/empire management system as well...

So you could have your capital ship leading a fleet of other ships, which you'd control from a 1st person state (as you put it) but also have a control map on board where you can control where other fleets will patrol or start a war or something?

And if you owned a spaceport you could but sanctions on alien fleets from trading with your spaceport or something like that. As I said though still thinking this through xD.

i have an idea haha, be really cool i think. if you had a HUD IN your capital ship to which then control all activities... like instead of just buttons on teh screen... kinda like a star-trek control bridge tongue.png... and the capitol could play a part on"mangement limitations" where if your capitol isnt upgraded enough(or whatever mechs you wanna put in) you cant build X type of ship, therefor you cant get X type of resource, there for your fleet is weaker... just an idea if you wanna implament it. i might in my project but not exactly like that...

The coop-thief-rpg feels like a rip off of the original Thief with fps elements added to the mix which essentially takes away the focus on overcoming challenges in a stealthy style. The spaceport manager seems more interesting, I would concentrate on it if I were to choose between the two.

So you could have your capital ship leading a fleet of other ships, which you'd control from a 1st person state (as you put it) but also have a control map on board where you can control where other fleets will patrol or start a war or something?[/quote]
Aaand now the second idea goes down the drain...

So you could have your capital ship leading a fleet of other ships, which you'd control from a 1st person state (as you put it) but also have a control map on board where you can control where other fleets will patrol or start a war or something?

[/quote] i think its an awesome idea! id play that for sure

i have an idea haha, be really cool i think. if you had a HUD IN your capital ship to which then control all activities... like instead of just buttons on teh screen... kinda like a star-trek control bridge tongue.png... and the capitol could play a part on"mangement limitations" where if your capitol isnt upgraded enough(or whatever mechs you wanna put in) you cant build X type of ship, therefor you cant get X type of resource, there for your fleet is weaker... just an idea if you wanna implament it. i might in my project but not exactly like that...

I quite like that idea!

The coop-thief-rpg feels like a rip off of the original Thief with fps elements added to the mix which essentially takes away the focus on overcoming challenges in a stealthy style. The spaceport manager seems more interesting, I would concentrate on it if I were to choose between the two.

I should point out I've not actually decided on a perspective for the thief game. I've never actually played a Thief game (please don't hurt me!) this idea game from playing Skyrim and Oblivion.

[/quote]

In keeping with my original request when I started this topic, can I ask why?

Co-Op Thief RPG.
The objective is to steal items and aim to be the ultimate thief in the games universe. The player can decide between stealth style game play or all out combat with enemy monsters and guards. You can even mix up the gameplay during the heist.
Targets for the thief will be fortifications, towers, shops, mansions, airships and other such buildings, the player can chose to climb and stealth their way through to steal the item, or attack and fight their way through.
Items the player has stolen will be stored back at the player’s base, the player’s base will be customisable and the player can chose the environment for the base.
Other players online will be able to steal items from your base if you play online or NPC characters can fill that task and so in order to protect your stolen goods you can recruit the help of monsters and mercenaries from the game world. It’ll be up to the player to train the guards, you can do this by fighting them.
There will be dungeon crawling elements which will allow to player to train and level up, and also capture monsters for their base.

[/quote]

As has been noted there are some games out there already with similar themes and ideas. That doesn't necessarily make this a bad idea...indeed if the idea has been used successfully previously then it very well may be a good idea. There is a strong tradition (whether good or bad is up to the individual) of games being "clones" of other games. What if anything you need to do is not worry so much about the idea but rather how you could take what is your idea and polish it into something more than it is now. Have faith in your ideas. Feedback is good but let it advise you not destroy your ideas. That said I don't really have an opinion on this game idea persay other than to say it's a starting point - take it further if you can.

SpacePort Manager Simulator.

· Choice of Scenery; Planet (Desert, Water, Jungle, Metropolis), Asteroid, Space Station (Different planet backdrops).
· Build trade services around your space station such as shops, mercenary camps, freelance miners.
· Create fleets and send them out to mine planets or asteroid belts for minerals too sell on your markets. Also create trade fleets too send your markets off to other parts of the galaxy to increase income.
· Manage economies befriending empires to increase business (such as, befriending the human empire which will decrease how much the fuel costs them but increase resource yields and fame, and reduce the cost for repairs and upgrades for the player).
· Easy to use UI
· Own multiple space stations and buy out competing businesses and their space stations and fleets.
· Time System including Day and Night system for planetary scenery.
· Protect your Space Station and fleets from terrorist attacks and alien attacks.
· RPG elements

[/quote]

Whilst not having an opinion on the previous game as have not played in that genre, my thoughts on this one is that I personally would like to see it. I think you have too many elements atm and could possibly refine it down to the basics and then build it up from there. In doing so rather than having the disconnected tentacles of brainstorming you can evolve a complete game (which may end up including everything you have written). I highly suggest that you examine a phenomena known as feature creep before overcomplicating your base idea too early.

[quote name='eugene2k' timestamp='1334476359' post='4931375']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because your initial idea in this scenario is metamorphised into a completely different beast.

In keeping with my original request when I started this topic, can I ask why?[/quote]
Because by trying to make the game that everyone will like you take away the focus from the unique features it had. I can remember several RTS games with sci-fi and space battles in an instant, however the only sci-fi themed economical simulator that comes to mind is the Master of Orion (or rather the only thing close to an economic simulator that comes to mind is the MoO). As a game designer what you have to focus on is the originality and uniqueness of the gameplay. Doing so will not only make it interesting to design the game, but also will attract more people, because the game's original features aren't as easy to overlook when they aren't obscured by the features every other game in the genre has.

Oh, I assumed from that phrase that you're trying to turn the economical simulator into an RTS, so if I am mistaken feel free to disregard my points.

As has been noted there are some games out there already with similar themes and ideas. That doesn't necessarily make this a bad idea...indeed if the idea has been used successfully previously then it very well may be a good idea. There is a strong tradition (whether good or bad is up to the individual) of games being "clones" of other games. What if anything you need to do is not worry so much about the idea but rather how you could take what is your idea and polish it into something more than it is now. Have faith in your ideas. Feedback is good but let it advise you not destroy your ideas. That said I don't really have an opinion on this game idea persay other than to say it's a starting point - take it further if you can.

Well to be honest with you, I don't really see it as being a clone of the Thief series, whilst the aim of the game is to be the best thief, there'd be more to it then just completely heists. As in you'd have to protect your lair from being broken into by hiring guards and training them up.

It's a bit of a stuck idea, I have an idea for it and what not but I'm struggling to get it down on paper as something that people would actually want to play.

Whilst not having an opinion on the previous game as have not played in that genre, my thoughts on this one is that I personally would like to see it. I think you have too many elements atm and could possibly refine it down to the basics and then build it up from there. In doing so rather than having the disconnected tentacles of brainstorming you can evolve a complete game (which may end up including everything you have written). I highly suggest that you examine a phenomena known as feature creep before overcomplicating your base idea too early.

Because your initial idea in this scenario is metamorphised into a completely different beast.

Whilst I was at work I was thinking this idea over, (whilst working, honestly!) and I've come to the conclusion that it'd be better to split this idea into two separate game designs.

One being a spaceport/outpost manager with some fleet control for the purposes of gathering resources to be sold at your spaceport/outpost.

And the other being a space sim where you can control fleets all over the galaxy and enact war and what not whilst still allowing complete control over your own starship.

I've been looking up "Feature creeping", Isn't that how Minecraft was developed?

Anyway thanks for the advice, and the C&C :)

Because by trying to make the game that everyone will like you take away the focus from the unique features it had. I can remember several RTS games with sci-fi and space battles in an instant, however the only sci-fi themed economical simulator that comes to mind is the Master of Orion (or rather the only thing close to an economic simulator that comes to mind is the MoO). As a game designer what you have to focus on is the originality and uniqueness of the gameplay. Doing so will not only make it interesting to design the game, but also will attract more people, because the game's original features aren't as easy to overlook when they aren't obscured by the features every other game in the genre has.

Oh, I assumed from that phrase that you're trying to turn the economical simulator into an RTS, so if I am mistaken feel free to disregard my points.
[/quote]

Thank you for elaborating! :)

Aha well I was struggling to decide how to pan the game out but have decided to split the game design into two different ones.

whilst the aim of the game is to be the best thief, there'd be more to it then just completely heists[/quote]
Actually concentrating on complete heists might work better than adding other stuff. If you remove fighting monsters and stuff, and concentrate on stealing it might turn out to be interesting. The Thief series only used shadows as the element of gameplay that allowed you to be stealthy. But if you think about all the movies about robberies and heists out there as well as all the other games that employed stealth as a component of gameplay, there's a whole lot more ways to steal something than just moving in the shadows, plus treasure isn't the only thing that can be stolen, so for the original idea of having stealing as the aim there's quite a wide field to explore if you just concentrate on it and try to deepen the gameplay.

Thief RPG - bad, I don't like being forced to play a specific role in a RPG, especially if it is a role I'm not the fan of.

SpacePort - good, sounds solid and I like it. Besides, there is only one game of that type I know of, the second one existing would be nice :)

For your thief RPG idea, you have next to no explanation on what the RPG elements would be. Additionally, you are willingly opening a huge can of worms by allowing the players items to be stolen by other players. The only way to truly do this 'realistically,' would be to go the CCP route as they allow stealing, destruction, etc within their game of Eve. You would alienate many people, however. For every devout player that Eve holds onto, there are just as many if not more than ragequit over griefing. Know that you would be opening the door to the same things. Not necessarily a bad thing, but still something that will heavily impact your design as well as any viability you have to get your game out there.

Lastly, CORPGs, even independent ones, are expensive and hard to create. If all you're looking to do is write up some game design docs to prove you can do, then go ahead, but if this is actually something you would want to produce, I would either make it very contained and single player, or put it on the backburner until you have access to a bundle of resources.

Lastly, copying other games is not bad in itself. Imitation is the best form of flattery, after all. A Thief style CORPG would be a pretty neat idea. Done well, I would definitely want to check it out, but it would be very hard to do a good thief-style CORPG on anything but a AAA budget. Not impossible, mind you... just hard.

----

As for your space idea:

Choice of Scenery; Planet (Desert, Water, Jungle, Metropolis), Asteroid, Space Station (Different planet backdrops).
---Okay, this could work, but what exactly type of manager sim are you wanting to create? Is this Sim City in space? Or is it more of a text-based game, like the older games in the *insert sport here* Manager series, but applied to a science-fiction civilization?
Build trade services around your space station such as shops, mercenary camps, freelance miners.
---Sounds exactly like Sim City, but in space. Again, imitation and flattery and all that, but you should remember that Alpha Centauri already did this, and quite well I might add.
Create fleets and send them out to mine planets or asteroid belts for minerals too sell on your markets. Also create trade fleets too send your markets off to other parts of the galaxy to increase income.
---Now the idea is starting to sound like Age of Empires meets Sim City in Space. Additionally, if you are planning on a mostly text-base game, these features could work. If you wanted a full graphical game, however, you are looking at a lot of headaches trying to get this large amount of features into a game on a shoestring budget (as I doubt you would be coming to us for advice if you had access to a AAA budget).
Manage economies befriending empires to increase business (such as, befriending the human empire which will decrease how much the fuel costs them but increase resource yields and fame, and reduce the cost for repairs and upgrades for the player).
---Economy is one of the hardest, bar none, features to implement in any game. While it's easier in a single player game, because you don't need to balance for a cooperative element, it is still an utter nightmare on the scale that you would want to do it. Not impossible, mind you, but don't expect to keep all your hair.
Easy to use UI
---easy to use UIs are always a good design decision. So nothing to really say here.
Own multiple space stations and buy out competing businesses and their space stations and fleets.
---I really think you're pushing the limit on what you can do here. You already have mechanics in which you build businesses, an economy that allows you to build economic alliances (ala Civilization), as well as mechanics allowing for fleet building, resource gathering, etc. Adding in a feature to be able to go all Corporate Mogul on competitors may sound like a simple step, but it's not. This would be almost like an entirely new game in itself in terms of the amount of design and balancing it would need.
Time System including Day and Night system for planetary scenery.
---Could be done. Wouldn't be incredibly easy, given that it's in space, so you would have to have separate cycles for each planet unless they were all in the same system.
Protect your Space Station and fleets from terrorist attacks and alien attacks.
---Now you're adding a combat mechanic and all I can envision is a picture of you beneath a giant pile of rocks, each labelled "features," your arm desperately reaching out from the bottom, crying, "help!"
RPG elements
---And now an elephant has been dropped onto that pile of rocks. How would you even implement RPG elements? In a space-sim, that would be incredibly hard unless you're trying to create a single-player Eve, in which case, stop right now because that's not happening unless you have about $12 million and a team of at least 25 people behind you.

Overall, for this space sim idea, I would choose four MAJOR features and just go with that. Even four might be pushing with the apparent scale you would want to do go with here. But right now, you have seven major features, all of which would be considered a pretty beefy feature, even in a triple-A game. It's just not something you would be able to pull off well, at least not as I can see it. If you somehow have access to a few million dollars, then maybe. But discounting that extremely unlikely possibility, I don't see a game on this scale happening. The only way you could get this game to happen with all these features, is if you had a decent sized team, and it was entirely text-based. Then you might have a chance of doing it well.

If all you want to do is just create design docs, then go right ahead. But if these are actually games you would like to make in the very near future, you need to tone them down.

whilst the aim of the game is to be the best thief, there'd be more to it then just completely heists

Actually concentrating on complete heists might work better than adding other stuff. If you remove fighting monsters and stuff, and concentrate on stealing it might turn out to be interesting. The Thief series only used shadows as the element of gameplay that allowed you to be stealthy. But if you think about all the movies about robberies and heists out there as well as all the other games that employed stealth as a component of gameplay, there's a whole lot more ways to steal something than just moving in the shadows, plus treasure isn't the only thing that can be stolen, so for the original idea of having stealing as the aim there's quite a wide field to explore if you just concentrate on it and try to deepen the gameplay.
[/quote]
Yeah, in my original design brief for the thief game, I had this idea of accepting a heist and then being completely open on how you complete it, such as allowing the player to hire individuals to cause a commotion outside the objective allowing you to sneak in, or stealing a uniform for the place you wish to sneak into and blending in.

I didn't really include this because I wasn't sure about the technical aspect to it all. I'm looking at some of these replies and I feel I've done a real poor job of explaining the idea out XD.

My inspiration for this idea has come from so many different places so it's sort of clashed into an unruly mess. I'm talking the Museum level in Uncharted 2, Oceans Eleven, Oblivion Thieves Guild things like that.

For your thief RPG idea, you have next to no explanation on what the RPG elements would be. Additionally, you are willingly opening a huge can of worms by allowing the players items to be stolen by other players. The only way to truly do this 'realistically,' would be to go the CCP route as they allow stealing, destruction, etc within their game of Eve. You would alienate many people, however. For every devout player that Eve holds onto, there are just as many if not more than ragequit over griefing. Know that you would be opening the door to the same things. Not necessarily a bad thing, but still something that will heavily impact your design as well as any viability you have to get your game out there.

It's because I'm wrongly branding the idea as an RPG. I mean, I was thinking just having a skill based system to improve things like stealth, but the more people have commented on it here, the more I think that's not really a good idea and that it'd actually ending taking from the game rather then giving to it. I imagine stealth gameplay is going to be an extremely difficult beast to overcome, because you'll have to juggle player friendly-ness with boredom.

As for the theft of players goods online, the only reall counter idea to that I had was hiring guards for your base but even then I do realize that's not really a viable idea.

It's kind of why I'm posting this here though, to discuss ideas and possibilities smile.png.

Lastly, CORPGs, even independent ones, are expensive and hard to create. If all you're looking to do is write up some game design docs to prove you can do, then go ahead, but if this is actually something you would want to produce, I would either make it very contained and single player, or put it on the backburner until you have access to a bundle of resources.

Lastly, copying other games is not bad in itself. Imitation is the best form of flattery, after all. A Thief style CORPG would be a pretty neat idea. Done well, I would definitely want to check it out, but it would be very hard to do a good thief-style CORPG on anything but a AAA budget. Not impossible, mind you... just hard.
[/quote]
Yeah, there's no real intention to make these two games as of yet anyway. I'm currently working on one project with someone from this forum, I just like writing up game design ideas and getting feedback on them. If I get something that's proven to be hugely popular I may look into working on it more so. But yeah, it's literally just to discuss game play mechanics and to also help me improve my understanding of game design/development and the like.

I'd rather have people rip my ideas to pieces if they're crap so that I can learn from my mistakes with them and maybe even refine them.

As for your space idea:

Choice of Scenery; Planet (Desert, Water, Jungle, Metropolis), Asteroid, Space Station (Different planet backdrops).
---Okay, this could work, but what exactly type of manager sim are you wanting to create? Is this Sim City in space? Or is it more of a text-based game, like the older games in the *insert sport here* Manager series, but applied to a science-fiction civilization?
[/quote]
For this idea I was thinking of a smartphone game, game play similar to that of "Game Dev Story" and "Hot Springs Story". But I've sort of messed it all up by adding too many ideas and sort of trampling on my original idea.

So too answer that question, I guess it'd be a mix of the two? You'd have a list of docking ports where you can instruct ships to dock, it'd be graphics based you'd see the ships come in and dock, and you'd be able to see the layout for your space port to place shops and the like. But you'd also have the management aspect for all the economy managing and what not.

Build trade services around your space station such as shops, mercenary camps, freelance miners.
---Sounds exactly like Sim City, but in space. Again, imitation and flattery and all that, but you should remember that Alpha Centauri already did this, and quite well I might add.
Create fleets and send them out to mine planets or asteroid belts for minerals too sell on your markets. Also create trade fleets too send your markets off to other parts of the galaxy to increase income.
---Now the idea is starting to sound like Age of Empires meets Sim City in Space. Additionally, if you are planning on a mostly text-base game, these features could work. If you wanted a full graphical game, however, you are looking at a lot of headaches trying to get this large amount of features into a game on a shoestring budget (as I doubt you would be coming to us for advice if you had access to a AAA budget).
Manage economies befriending empires to increase business (such as, befriending the human empire which will decrease how much the fuel costs them but increase resource yields and fame, and reduce the cost for repairs and upgrades for the player).
---Economy is one of the hardest, bar none, features to implement in any game. While it's easier in a single player game, because you don't need to balance for a cooperative element, it is still an utter nightmare on the scale that you would want to do it. Not impossible, mind you, but don't expect to keep all your hair.
Easy to use UI
---easy to use UIs are always a good design decision. So nothing to really say here.
Own multiple space stations and buy out competing businesses and their space stations and fleets.
---I really think you're pushing the limit on what you can do here. You already have mechanics in which you build businesses, an economy that allows you to build economic alliances (ala Civilization), as well as mechanics allowing for fleet building, resource gathering, etc. Adding in a feature to be able to go all Corporate Mogul on competitors may sound like a simple step, but it's not. This would be almost like an entirely new game in itself in terms of the amount of design and balancing it would need.
Time System including Day and Night system for planetary scenery.
---Could be done. Wouldn't be incredibly easy, given that it's in space, so you would have to have separate cycles for each planet unless they were all in the same system.
Protect your Space Station and fleets from terrorist attacks and alien attacks.
---Now you're adding a combat mechanic and all I can envision is a picture of you beneath a giant pile of rocks, each labelled "features," your arm desperately reaching out from the bottom, crying, "help!"
RPG elements
---And now an elephant has been dropped onto that pile of rocks. How would you even implement RPG elements? In a space-sim, that would be incredibly hard unless you're trying to create a single-player Eve, in which case, stop right now because that's not happening unless you have about $12 million and a team of at least 25 people behind you.
[/quote]
Before I was talking about how I liked to learn about game design and development and what not, well in posting these two I've learned that I'm way too keen when it comes to features in a game tongue.png. So yeah this has been discussed quite a lot in this topic and I've felt the best action for this problem is to split the idea into two separate games really.

the space station game is very cool, I would suggest eventually the option to change the station, add new areas or enlarging it, and visit the space station in first person view.

The thief game is like Monaco but, with less gameplay. Monaco is a popular indie game. It won awards and is being released soon. I wouldn't try making this game. It's not original. If it was developed, add more that would make it better than Monaco. And you didn't say if it was first person or top down but, Monaco is top down and the gameplay is different because there are different characters with different abilities and it's a good co-op game. It is also PvP.

The second game is 'Future Space Game Business Tycoon' like the old tycoon games. You need to make this game interesting. Add more RPG elements and make the business a smaller element. Or add humor like the tycoon games but, business simulators aren't as popular as they were years ago. If you finished this game, don't make it "...Simulator".

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement