2 Game Designs I'd like to discuss

Started by
19 comments, last by peakdap24 12 years ago
I've got two game designs I'd like your C&C on, these are just some ideas I've had and are in no way a work in progress development wise, I've not even finished designing them yet just want to see what you lot think of it!

Co-Op Thief RPG.
The objective is to steal items and aim to be the ultimate thief in the games universe. The player can decide between stealth style game play or all out combat with enemy monsters and guards. You can even mix up the gameplay during the heist.
Targets for the thief will be fortifications, towers, shops, mansions, airships and other such buildings, the player can chose to climb and stealth their way through to steal the item, or attack and fight their way through.
Items the player has stolen will be stored back at the player’s base, the player’s base will be customisable and the player can chose the environment for the base.
Other players online will be able to steal items from your base if you play online or NPC characters can fill that task and so in order to protect your stolen goods you can recruit the help of monsters and mercenaries from the game world. It’ll be up to the player to train the guards, you can do this by fighting them.
There will be dungeon crawling elements which will allow to player to train and level up, and also capture monsters for their base. [/quote]

SpacePort Manager Simulator.

· Choice of Scenery; Planet (Desert, Water, Jungle, Metropolis), Asteroid, Space Station (Different planet backdrops).
· Build trade services around your space station such as shops, mercenary camps, freelance miners.
· Create fleets and send them out to mine planets or asteroid belts for minerals too sell on your markets. Also create trade fleets too send your markets off to other parts of the galaxy to increase income.
· Manage economies befriending empires to increase business (such as, befriending the human empire which will decrease how much the fuel costs them but increase resource yields and fame, and reduce the cost for repairs and upgrades for the player).
· Easy to use UI
· Own multiple space stations and buy out competing businesses and their space stations and fleets.
· Time System including Day and Night system for planetary scenery.
· Protect your Space Station and fleets from terrorist attacks and alien attacks.
· RPG elements[/quote]

So yes please tell me what you think, even if you think the ideas are utter rubbish! But please tell me why! :)
Advertisement
I dont like the thief idea.. Doesnt feel much like a thief gameplay if you can fight your way through the enemies to get to the price at the end.
It's really just in basic a capture the flag game... nothing to do with thief.. could be treasure hunter game more likely.
that first game is very interestting and iv never seen a game like that(not saying there isnt one but iv never seen it). with the right balance it could be pretty cool, not something id play very in depth(me personally) but definitely would check it out and play sometimes.

the second game is more my style, but maybe you could write a descriptive paragraph like the 1st and i would give some helpful criticism for it.

glhf- well i think the first could be more in depth then just capture the flag... as long as the design makes it so.

I dont like the thief idea.. Doesnt feel much like a thief gameplay if you can fight your way through the enemies to get to the price at the end.
It's really just in basic a capture the flag game... nothing to do with thief.. could be treasure hunter game more likely.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from with that, I think making the all out fighting a fail event might be a better idea. So you can't actually fail in the mission but you'll end up making things harder for yourself and there could be other penalties as well.

that first game is very interestting and iv never seen a game like that(not saying there isnt one but iv never seen it). with the right balance it could be pretty cool, not something id play very in depth(me personally) but definitely would check it out and play sometimes.

the second game is more my style, but maybe you could write a descriptive paragraph like the 1st and i would give some helpful criticism for it.

glhf- well i think the first could be more in depth then just capture the flag... as long as the design makes it so.

Yeah, I'd like to beef out the Spaceport manager idea and am currently working on a more in depth description, I'll get it posted when I finish it!

[quote name='glhf' timestamp='1334448498' post='4931288']

Yeah, I see where you're coming from with that, I think making the all out fighting a fail event might be a better idea. So you can't actually fail in the mission but you'll end up making things harder for yourself and there could be other penalties as well.

Yeah, I'd like to beef out the Spaceport manager idea and am currently working on a more in depth description, I'll get it posted when I finish it!
[/quote]cool dude, im acctly working on(just writing right now, making ideas) my own prject involving space! i love space! its very free lol. your idea is cool, sounds like a tycoon ower defense\economic take over game. 1 questions, would you be in a 1st person state where YOU are a character and can effect things, or is like "god" game view where you just controll things?

[quote name='Oxymoron28' timestamp='1334449624' post='4931294']
[quote name='glhf' timestamp='1334448498' post='4931288']

[/quote]cool dude, im acctly working on(just writing right now, making ideas) my own prject involving space! i love space! its very free lol. your idea is cool, sounds like a tycoon ower defense\economic take over game. 1 questions, would you be in a 1st person state where YOU are a character and can effect things, or is like "god" game view where you just controll things?
[/quote]

Aha yeah, Space sims seem to of completely died out now, which is such a shame! I love them! :D.

And I'm currently debating the idea; Because I'm not quite sure whether I'd want to be just spaceport manager with more for the player like fleet management and economy simulation involving empires and the like. Or having it as a space sim with a spaceport/fleet/empire management system as well...

So you could have your capital ship leading a fleet of other ships, which you'd control from a 1st person state (as you put it) but also have a control map on board where you can control where other fleets will patrol or start a war or something?

And if you owned a spaceport you could but sanctions on alien fleets from trading with your spaceport or something like that. As I said though still thinking this through xD.
i have an idea haha, be really cool i think. if you had a HUD IN your capital ship to which then control all activities... like instead of just buttons on teh screen... kinda like a star-trek control bridge tongue.png... and the capitol could play a part on"mangement limitations" where if your capitol isnt upgraded enough(or whatever mechs you wanna put in) you cant build X type of ship, therefor you cant get X type of resource, there for your fleet is weaker... just an idea if you wanna implament it. i might in my project but not exactly like that...
The coop-thief-rpg feels like a rip off of the original Thief with fps elements added to the mix which essentially takes away the focus on overcoming challenges in a stealthy style. The spaceport manager seems more interesting, I would concentrate on it if I were to choose between the two.
So you could have your capital ship leading a fleet of other ships, which you'd control from a 1st person state (as you put it) but also have a control map on board where you can control where other fleets will patrol or start a war or something?[/quote]
Aaand now the second idea goes down the drain...

So you could have your capital ship leading a fleet of other ships, which you'd control from a 1st person state (as you put it) but also have a control map on board where you can control where other fleets will patrol or start a war or something?

Aaand now the second idea goes down the drain...
[/quote] i think its an awesome idea! id play that for sure

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement