I have ideas, but no technical abilities...what can I do?

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 12 years ago
I'm sitting on several game ideas that are, in my humble opinion anyway, totally viable. They range from things that a skilled person could do all by themselves up to AAA multi-million dollar projects (ie. pipe dreams tongue.png . )

The problem is that I have no idea how to bring these ideas into reality. It's my understanding that programming requires a lot of math, and that is far from being my strong point. I can teach myself some basic skills in C++ or something, but I wouldn't trust myself to make it through a Computer Science degree successfully. I'm also not artistic in the slightest, so I can't take that angle.

I can write. That's my one relevant talent. Is writing enough to get me into the industry?
And do development companies ever hire people who have ideas, but no technical skills? I would think most designers started out doing programming or whatever...

And how can I bring my small game ideas into reality without being able to do the art and programming work myself?
Advertisement
Exeter,
Please read the Breaking In FAQs. Back out of this discussion thread to the Breaking In forum topics list page, and click the Getting Started link at upper right. Most of your questions are answered in there.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement