• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
scrap

a online group storage device?

This topic is 2310 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im looking for a simple easy to use, free online storage device. for example i want to share my unity projects in this so my partners can then open it and change and edit or whatever. anything like that out there?

Advertisement
Host your own FTP? Otherwise there's always google code, but if your assets are pretty big (textures, all that stuff) you'll need some kind of file hosting service. There are several online but few are free (for obvious reasons).

You could try Box, DropBox or similar if you just want to easily share files, but you might also want to look into the concept of "version control" (and then find an appropriate service offering hosting for that).

If you are working on a programming project together collaboratively I would definitely second ApochPiQ's recommendation of GitHub. Plus version control is almost always a good idea for any sort of project.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!