• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Last Resistance ! FPS Game

This topic is 2224 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]

Well, hello everybody. I'm new in this forum. Forgive me if it's not a place to introduce myself, but I want to show my project to you & introduce myself smile.png. My name is Inan. I'm 17 years old student and I have been programming games for 3-4 years now on. But my interest about game design started almost when I was 11 or 12. I made a lot of projects and games to develop myself, I've participated in GGJ 2012 in Turkey. Now I want to tell you about my probably biggest project, my FPS game that I'm developing nowadays. I'm using Unity3D Free licence to make my game. I wrote my own FPS Control system for this game. My game will have three sections :[/font]

Singleplayer[/font]

Multiplayer[/font]

Survival[/font]

Survival mode will be a classic survival game, the zombies will come with waves.[/font]

And Singleplayer is going to be with a good scenario of course, we will both fight with infantry and zombies.[/font]

I also plan to make the Multiplayer version, but I am very very new in Multiplayer of Unity eventhough I've been developing with Unity for 2-3 years. I got a huge way on doing that. Anywasy, I want to tell you about the classes that will be in both Multiplayer & Survival modes.[/font]

Assault[/font]

Engineer[/font]

Medic[/font]

An assault player will be able to buy ammo box with it's points and spread them. So people that walk into those boxes will be regenerated with ammo & grenade. Only this class can do this. And this class uses Assault Rifles.[/font]

An engineer player will be able to plant turrets and claymores to the map. This class uses LMG's.[/font]

An medic player will be able to buy health box with it's points and spread them. And other player can regenarete health from that box. This class uses Submachine Guns.[/font]

There are 10 weapons in the game, all of them has SOPMOD version, so there are totaly 20 weapons. SOPMOD's are unlocked with points. ( In Survival and Multiplayer TDM modes )[/font]

I work alone, so I don't suppose people to except much quality in graphics, I will try to contact with some people on internet, who are giving free models. And with their knowledge, I'll use free models. As I said, I'm not good at modelling, but I'll try to do my best. [/font]

My game will be free of course. I think I can handle to make a demo in 2 months. Then I will go on creating the multiplayer logic. After it's done, at the end of this summer, game will be released. [/font]

Now I want to show you the trailer, and the 2 gameplay updates.[/font]

Trailer.

First Update:

Second Update:

What I did until now :

[color=#008000]Controlling System
FPS System ( all features like recoil, gunbob, attachments, GUI's, bullets&counts, raycast systems)
Enemy AI ( almost done, they can find the closest cover. Take it, and then get out of the cover & fire to player. After a random time between 3-10 they go back to cover )
Zombie AI( simple AI, I didn't spend too much time on that, follows player, hits player.)
Particles
Effects( just some of them, blooms&flares, motion blur)

What I will do :

[color=#b22222]New effects ( depth of field, sun shafts )
I will improve Zombie AI
I'll model a better hand for player.
Voice Records( I'm trying to find a good studio in here with a good price )
Complete Scenario
For now, that's it.

I want to have your ideas & reviews. What are the missing parts in the game ? What should be modified ? What can I add & what can be better ? I need some reviews & ideas to make the game better, thanks for your attention smile.png.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!