• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ionmarkgames

Free code monkey looking for C++ experience

This topic is 2231 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,
I am a programmer looking for experience doing some C++ coding. I thought the best way to start would be to do some coding someone else doesn't want to for free. Hence the title. I have been programming since I was 10 years old, but only have about 2 years experience with C++ when I was in college. I've spent the past 5 years since college programming for the web in Java and PHP. I have a very solid understanding of OOP. What I am really curious about are the intricacies of pointer manipulation and all the little tricks of memory management that make it possible to fit a game like Skyrim inside a half a gig of memory.

I am also very self sufficient. Very comfortable with just being "thrown in the fire" with no idea how to get something done and can function alone while finding a solution. Really I am looking for little problems to solve that the "big kids" may not want to be bothered with.

Any one have any ideas where I can find that kind of work?

As the title says I would do this work completely free, I just want the experience.

Thanks!

PS. Also any books I should check out?

Advertisement
This post is uncomfortably close to a forbidden "services offered" post, but I guess it isn't. It also isn't a "Breaking In" post, so I'm moving this to For Beginners.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!