• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Free code monkey looking for C++ experience

This topic is 2138 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,
I am a programmer looking for experience doing some C++ coding. I thought the best way to start would be to do some coding someone else doesn't want to for free. Hence the title. I have been programming since I was 10 years old, but only have about 2 years experience with C++ when I was in college. I've spent the past 5 years since college programming for the web in Java and PHP. I have a very solid understanding of OOP. What I am really curious about are the intricacies of pointer manipulation and all the little tricks of memory management that make it possible to fit a game like Skyrim inside a half a gig of memory.

I am also very self sufficient. Very comfortable with just being "thrown in the fire" with no idea how to get something done and can function alone while finding a solution. Really I am looking for little problems to solve that the "big kids" may not want to be bothered with.

Any one have any ideas where I can find that kind of work?

As the title says I would do this work completely free, I just want the experience.

Thanks!

PS. Also any books I should check out?

Advertisement
This post is uncomfortably close to a forbidden "services offered" post, but I guess it isn't. It also isn't a "Breaking In" post, so I'm moving this to For Beginners.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement