Winterdream - Puzzle Platformer Game Design

Started by
2 comments, last by jsj795 12 years ago
I have been working on a design concept for a game I intend to make, and I think I'm at the point where I need to ask for critique. The game - called Winterdream - is a 2D puzzle platformer for Android. If all goes well though I may try to release it on other platforms.

The concept document can be found [color="#2d3479"]here.

Besides the crummy illustrations (I'm useless at drawing. Something I want to work on, but haven't got to it yet.) I'm sure there are things I need to improve. The most important part is whether you think it will be enjoyable - Does it sound fun? Will it work? What won't work?

So, criticisms, suggestions, ideas, or glowing recommendations if you feel so inclined. Please don't hold back.
Advertisement
The basic idea that you have sounds like it has potential. The only obvious thing that I think might get in the way of fun is level design. You have several basic elements that sound like they could make for a good puzzle, but how many different puzzles are you going to have? Is the puzzle going to be affected by the player's skill more than player's reasoning?

The basic idea that you have sounds like it has potential. The only obvious thing that I think might get in the way of fun is level design. You have several basic elements that sound like they could make for a good puzzle, but how many different puzzles are you going to have? Is the puzzle going to be affected by the player's skill more than player's reasoning?

Level design is something I am obviously working on. I'm trying to do a mockup level/prototype to get some testing done on the gamplay. There will be a level of skill play involved (avoiding snowballs, jumping spikes etc) but the primary focus will be on reasoning out the puzzle - what is required, how to do it.
It seems like a game for people with good spatial intelligence. Sounds pretty interesting :) Good luck

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement