Unemployed programmer makes best solar system simulation

Started by
7 comments, last by szecs 11 years, 12 months ago
Ok. Maybe not best. But damn impressive if you ask me. It's extremely well-done. Everyone should be comfortably unemployed (I'm assuming he was) and make an app as awesome as this.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
Oh god, it's morning, but I was so expecting a solar-power system simulation...

Impressive anyway.
Well, I'm not sure it's "best". Good for sure. Best... I don't know.

Previously "Krohm"

Jesus... add ALLLLLL the features. That's pretty awesome. I don't think I've ever seen something similar that was so extensive.

Well I agree with you, the Sun and the Earth are the same size, lol.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

What a waste of talent. This guy could have at been working on an fps or something. ...this doesn't even have a gun!

jkg: Thanks for the info..actually heading to indiegogo now:)

[quote name='Krohm' timestamp='1334819773' post='4932713']

Well I agree with you, the Sun and the Earth are the same size, lol.
[/quote]
did you watch the video? It's an option to have the planets scale up as you move further away so you can see them. You can set them to their correct sizes and they scale down to their correct sizes as you zoom in on them.
So he implements about 3 more features than the existing Solar Walk app, and it's suddenly 'revolutionary', and merits a full-page article?

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Hmmm.
My internet connection finally let me to watch the video.
One thought I immediately had: waaaaaaaay too much eye candy features. After a while for me (maybe just envy talks) it was almost like a parody of the shiny/cool/awesome but bit pointless GUI features many AAA games have.

EDIT: Okay, I quickly read through the links, and it seems more than just a fancy demo.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement