• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Stormynature

Basic Legal and Business Terms - Descriptions and links

This topic is 2373 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay this is a beginning piece of work which I will be editing into a full shape over the next month (i.e. sufficient time for anyone who wants to get a post in) as time goes on. What I am interested in is Appropriate (i.e. game development related) terms, useful links, corrections etc. I am not interested in recreating a legal dictionary what I am interested in is creating a very swift reference. Certain things like copyright, trademarks, patents are covered in the FAQ but probably not deep enough in my opinion

By the end of May I basically plan to have this section of the thread re-edited to the point of Titles, a brief description and useful set of links (pref. no more than 3 per term).

NOTE: This does NOT constitute legal advice. This is merely meant to act as a resource aid.

SECTIONS (so far)

Advertisement
SYMBOLS

© - Copyright (Alt + 0169)
® - Registered Trade Mark (Alt + 0174)
- Trade Mark (Alt + 0153)

ACRONYMS

IP - Intellectual property (note: IP as an acronym does have other associations within the IT industry eg. Internet Protocol)

C, Contr. - Contract
NDA - Non-disclosure agreements
NCC - Non-compete clause
CNC - Covenant not to compete
PDA - Project development agreement

LLC - Limited Liability Company
CO - Company
PTY LTD - Proprietary Limited

A Glossary of Game Biz terms by Tom Sloper aka FAQ: 28
http://www.sloperama...ce/lesson28.htm

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!