gameprogramming in c

Started by
2 comments, last by tobben74 11 years, 12 months ago
Need help to get started with gameprogramming in c.

Tried allegro but visual studio complains about files that i didnt get in allegros files

Tobben
Advertisement
Be a little more specific please? What did you try? Did you build allegro from source, or did you use a binary distribution? What's the code that fails and what errors do you get? And do you use Allegro 4.x or 5.x?
Well, you need to have a compiler or Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to start programming in C. You also need some good learning material, this is a tutorial that I used to start in C. It's a fairly simple language because there isn't much to it. That said, you'll be exposed to some tricky topics like pointers, linked lists, etc. which gets to be a bit complicated, but manageable.

Also, if you're looking to program a game in C, you may want to transition to a language like C++ or Objective C if you want to use an object-oriented style of design. You can accomplish the same end result using C, but it may or may not require more design effort than the other languages.
I am using visual studio 2008 and I
got the latest allegro and it complains about that i got no graphics.h

I downloaded Allegro 5.0.6 .
The book i have is the 1 i use the the class i have in structured c programming
C How to program. I have programmed Vb c And c++ earlier but never with graphics .

Now I wanna start with making dos games in c programming.

I might go c++ or even java but atm i feel i prefer doing that in C .
To really get the feel for it
I have gotten error like missing alplatf.h
at the moment im working on a char array that i will sort 40 names.

Tobben

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement