"asCCompiler" with out "asASSERT's" in debug

Started by
6 comments, last by WitchLord 11 years, 11 months ago
Hi!smile.png

I would like to suggest to clean, or to make possible shutdown asASSERT in the asCCompiler

I will explain why:

The matter is that the angel perfectly informs a script on mistakes - and it is very useful during a code set, it is possible to compile and receive hurriedly the list of mistakes - then to highlight them in the editor!

But here the problem, in DEBUG - to write a code not possibly from for asASSERT which conduct to a program departure.

DEBUG during development it is more preferable than release.

It would be desirable to have possibility to disable asASSERT in the asCCompiler

Forgive for my English!rolleyes.gif
Advertisement
You should not be getting any asASSERT() failures even if there are errors in the script. If this happens, then there is a bug in AngelScript that I need to investigate.

Please report any such failures and let me know what the script looked like when it happened.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Well I will know now! I thought it my mistakesmile.png

Here the code in which occurs asASSERT

class AAA
{
Car @car;

void Update()
{
if( car !is null )
car.Update();
}
}

in release, show this compilation log:

Test_Crash.as 3: Identifier 'Car' is not a data type
Test_Crash.as 5: Compiling void AAA::Update()
Test_Crash.as 7: No conversion from 'int&' to 'int' available.
Test_Crash.as 7: No conversion from '<null handle>' to 'int' available.
Test_Crash.as 7: Both operands must be handles when comparing identity
Test_Crash.as 8: Illegal operation on 'int&'

engine flags:

world_script_engine->SetEngineProperty(asEP_ALWAYS_IMPL_DEFAULT_CONSTRUCT, true);
world_script_engine->SetEngineProperty(asEP_ALLOW_UNSAFE_REFERENCES, true);
world_script_engine->SetEngineProperty( asEP_INIT_GLOBAL_VARS_AFTER_BUILD, false );
:)

I'll look into this. Thanks.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I've fixed this bug in revision 1284.

new assert smile.png

code:

class A{}

class SomeClass
{
A @a;
void Create()
{
int some_val = 15; +
@a = A();
}
}
Thanks. I'll investigate it.

This has been fixed in revision 1296. Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement