World of Kallen

Started by
4 comments, last by jbadams 11 years, 9 months ago
Hi all, this game is in development but coz it's a one man work till now it's going damn slow,[color=#ff0000][REMOVED BY MODERATOR]
The game is a fantasy rpg with a lot of table top classic rpg features. Players can fish or go hunting for find food, or bards can play in the inns for gather money, also thieves can gather money in the inns but it has some risk lol
Well the game as it is now is far frow what i have in mind but it's born from phaos code and it has been modified step by step.
The game is divided in 3 parts 1 for players, 1 for masters (for create quests) and 1 for builders (for create dungeons. Well the last 2 needs a lot of work yet biggrin.png
If someone want try it is here http://www.lostinn.com/kallen
If u want to know something just ask smile.png

Ayrin Greenflag
Advertisement
Looks good. However....does it really have to be called "World of <insert name>"? To be honest I am a little jaded by MMOs with names that starts with "World of..." or names that ends with "Online", e.g. "<insert name> Online".
I got kinda confused on the site after i made my character and i didn't know what i was doing or how to even get into the game. I'd really would like to look at your game.

Also i was looking at maps you had i did like them. Maybe we could help each other sometime. I've been writing a story and game idea, but I have no programming or 3d Design skills. I really want to learn, but it's kinda hard to know where to look for that info. I'll post my game idea when i can. here's my facebook also if i could just email it to you. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003598749989
Hey, I'm working on a pretty similar project to yours, from what it sounds like. I'm bulding it in 3D with 2D sprites for objects, and a heavily pixelated approach to the texturing, the game is played from an isometric free camera view with the option of a 1st person perspective. I'm writing the client engine in unity and the server in mono/c#. Mine's not really an MMO, though, by definition. It's a sandbox MOG with deep MMORPG elements, sim elements, and RPG action shooter elements.

I, like you am splitting gameplay paths to builders (outpost/town makers), adventurers (dungeon crawlers), and crafers/merchants. Maybe we could talk a little deeper about game design elements. I think our ideas might be able to feed off of one another.
Legendre i know that now is full of games called like that but when i started working around it there was not so many games smile.png then choice of the name was hard because i started writing a book 'the five seals' of the serie 'the memories of Ayrin Greenflag' and after a stories book 'the tales of the lost inn' but for the game i wanted something that goes overboard of this two books so i used the kallen that is the name of the world i created.
In the ancient elven language Kah Lhen means 'the great union' the fusion of the five forces that created the world. That forces are also the five currents of the magic 'fire' 'water' 'air' 'earth' 'energy' smile.png
(don't search for the books because they are not published yet) smile.png

Mason i added you as friend in facebook so if u want to help and learn something about programming or just give suggestion we can work around it.

[color=#ff0000][REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

if someone want help i'm looking for...

Recruiting should only be done in our "classifieds" section, not the forums.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement