Sign in to follow this  
robert_loxy

Help with DX10 Game

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]I had been learning DX10 for the past 3-4 weeks. Now i am thinking of creating a small car racing game using DX10 but i am under confusion how to but it all together i mean (only i will be driving the car no other computer car or human player its just basic)[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]- how do i make a car , do i use any modeling tool like 3ds Max or any thing else, if yes then how will i integrate it with C++[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]- same is the case with the track, how will i make the track (even if in 3ds Max then how)[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Along this my major concern is for great graphics + good physX so i need some good help from some one. Thank you [/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]- how do i make a car , do i use any modeling tool like 3ds Max or any thing else, if yes then how will i integrate it with C++[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]You create a model from some 3d modeling tool, like maya! then you export that to an apropriate file format. From there you manualy load that file into your dx10 engine, creating the needed vertexbuffers & indexbuffers.[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]from there you probably would want to load all the correct textures and shaders.[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]- same is the case with the track, how will i make the track (even if in 3ds Max then how)[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]This is up to you, you could make it in maya or 3dmax, or you could create a terrain grid, splatmap it. in that way you dont need any 3´party tools.[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]