any way to find tri/tri intersect with any velocity

Started by
4 comments, last by sflare 22 years, 6 months ago
how do you find the intersection point between two triangles that each move with a linear and angular velocity over a certain time period, without assuming velocities or time to be small?
Advertisement
It''s complicated, "3D Game Engine Design" has a chapter on collision detection and provides example source, it''s $60 but worth it.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
is that $60 u.s?
is there anything else that''s useful in the book?

if possible i would like if someone just posted the basic algorthim of it or something like it.

I''m sure others would also like it too
If you''re planning to write a complete game engine, the entire book could be helpful. Its hard to read, definitely not a beginner''s book, but thorough. The author was involved in the development of the NetImmerse commercial game engine, as a general software architect. We have a license for that engine here, and its quite nice.

Try finding a used copy on amazon.com for less than the retail price (maybe about $50).

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
Are there any other (free to use)resources that contain such information?

I may wish to use such an algorithim in a commmercial product.
Simply taking from a nice book is not possible.

Or even
Can recomemnd any useful math links, courses (more detailed than linear algebra), or other things that would point me in the right direct?
For any intersection test algorithm, check this site first and check www.google.com later.
http://www.realtimerendering.com/int/
Well at least that''s my method.

The algorithm for triangle/triangle intersection in 3D Game Engine design uses the Separating Axis Theorem as far as I know. You should try doing a search for that. Here''s one PDF on the theorem to get you started.
http://www.magic-software.com/Documentation/MethodOfSeparatingAxes.pdf
Dirk =[Scarab]= Gerrits

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement