• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Serapth

A look inside the PlayStation Suite SDK

This topic is 2229 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have put together this look inside the PlayStation Suite SDK. It takes a close look at the tools, libraries and samples included in the open beta of the PlayStation Suite. The PS Suite can be used to create games for PlayStation certified devices ( currently the Vita and some Android phones ) using a C# based toolset.

They've done a pretty good job, it's worth checking out.

Advertisement
What does some Android phones mean? Do they actually provide a list? Thats pretty much what I was worried about because I'm not going to buy a Vita.

What does some Android phones mean? Do they actually provide a list? Thats pretty much what I was worried about because I'm not going to buy a Vita.

Xpera Play and Arc, with some HTC certified phones allegedly coming soon.

Nice work Serapth, thanks for the contribution to the community.smile.png

Thanks. :)

Added a new tutorial, this one a two parter with video, covering exporting a fully textured object from Blender to the PS SDK.

I also created a portal page for all PS related content and tutorials.

I am kinda shocked at the lack of PS Suite threads on GameDev.net, I would have thought this would be something the community would have jumped all over!

I am kinda shocked at the lack of PS Suite threads on GameDev.net, I would have thought this would be something the community would have jumped all over!

Because sony are a joke of a company it has taken them how long? To jump on the indie development band wagon and for what because their platforms are failing and they are getting desperate but yet they still wont open the ps3? Everything sony do is half arsed i mean look at the state of their developer site this is a company that could of had it all but they decided not to keep paying for the exclusives titles they had! They let the cunsumer down so much in so many areas that i wouldnt waste my time making a game for them.

[quote name='Serapth' timestamp='1335987885' post='4936871']

Because sony are a joke of a company it has taken them how long? To jump on the indie development band wagon and for what because their platforms are failing and they are getting desperate but yet they still wont open the ps3? Everything sony do is half arsed i mean look at the state of their developer site this is a company that could of had it all but they decided not to keep paying for the exclusives titles they had! They let the cunsumer down so much in so many areas that i wouldnt waste my time making a game for them.
[/quote]

Sony can be a bit schzophrenic at times, but their indie developer support has always actually been quite good. Until Microsoft entered the field, they were easily the most pronounced supporter of Indie developers, with products like the Net Yaroze... compare that to anything Nintendo ever did! They also shipped a development friendly version of the PS2 and although they bungled their PS3 linux version ( by not giving GPU support, then pulling the plug completely ), they at least tried.

They get a lot of flak or lack of credit in an area where they actually have been quite bold.

Now, as a corporation, they do seem to be at warm with themselves, where they crippled efforts in one department, to push results in another ( see UMD, Bluray, etc )

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!