A look inside the PlayStation Suite SDK

Started by
17 comments, last by Serapth 11 years, 10 months ago
Wish I could upvote posts in "Your Announcements" wink.png This looks like a great resource for anyone wanting to do Vita homebrew
Advertisement

Wish I could upvote posts in "Your Announcements" wink.png This looks like a great resource for anyone wanting to do Vita homebrew

Thank you. I quasi-necroed a thread in the game programming section on this topic. Again, I am astounded by the lack of interest/exposure to PS SDK, as it really is the perfect thing for homebrew/indie developers. Sony have done a pretty solid job, and hopefully their follow through is better than Microsoft's. Even if it isn't, there isn't an easier way to actually have code running on a console class device without a price tag ( yet ) or need to have an expensive SDK.
Another two part tutorial.

Part one covers making a GUI in UI Composer and the code required to display it
Part two puts the GUI to work in a networked client/server leaderboard, using JSON, UDP and Node ( Javascript ).

At the end, you will have a fully functioning high score client and server with a crappy gui.
Integrating the FarSeer physics engine:
http://www.gamefromscratch.com/post/2012/05/18/Applying-FarSeer-Physics-to-PSSDK.aspx
New tutorial, all things audio.
Yet another tutorial, I guess you should call this one a PlayStation Mobile tutorial now.....

Anyways, this tutorial covers using SpriteList, which is PSS's ( er, PSM? ) equivalent to XNA's SpriteBatch. It does make a huge difference in performance, as you can see from the linked video. Along the way the code also demonstrates how to use multiple scenes, as well as creating a UI using code.
Another new tutorial, flicking, dragging, tapping, pressing and pinching. Oh my.
Is there any announcement for PS Suite support on PS3? I can't be bothered to buy a Vita...
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

Is there any announcement for PS Suite support on PS3? I can't be bothered to buy a Vita...

So far only rumours. :(

They did however expand the PS compatible list to include the HTC One X series of smart phones.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement