Two books - please share your thoughts (thanks)

Started by
3 comments, last by Ronnie Mado Solbakken 11 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys, I've just received these two books from Amazon, on game design:

--------------------

The Ultimate Guide to Video Game Writing and Design
By: Flint Dille & John Zuur Platten

Game Design Theory & Practice - Second Edition
By: Richard Rouse III (illustration by Steve Ogden, Foreword by Noah Falstein)

--------------------

What's your opinions? and do you guys have other books to recommend? Discuss.

- Awl you're base are belong me! -

- I don't know, I'm just a noob -

Advertisement
I haven't read either of them, but I am currently reading The Art Of Game Design by Jesse Schell. I highly recommend it. (..though I don't know what's in the two books you bought, so I don't know if there's overlap or conflicting advise.)
Hmm, interesting. I might look into that one. Oh and it's not a problem if some books conflict, that's just positive because it forces you to contemplate things more deeply and ask why. (If only more game writers would apply that to their games, I know I'm going to hihi.)

Thanks, mate. Anyone else? smile.png

I'm actually part of the way through "The Ultimate Guide" right now! Lots of useful stuff in there--not just about the actual mechanics of writing for games, but about the business end and working with other developers, too. Though I do have to say: for a book about writing, there's an awful lot of typos in it.

Life in the Dorms -- comedic point-and-click adventure game out now for Xbox Live Indie Games!

My portfolio: http://paulfranzen.wordpress.com/

Though I do have to say: for a book about writing, there's an awful lot of typos in it.

LOL I haven't noticed that yet, but that's epic. biggrin.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement