Grem Legends Soundtrack

Started by
12 comments, last by MoritzPGKatz 11 years, 8 months ago
Hello everyone,

Here's the soundtrack I made for Tin Truck's game Grem Legends, coming to iOS soon!
Free download until May 31st!

http://soundcloud.co...ends-soundtrack

http://www.tintruck.com

UPDATE! Grem Legends is GO!
Now with iTunes link:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/grem-legends/id512284853?mt=8

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

Advertisement
Really interesting and fun music! Very nice, characteristic sound! In some ways reminded me of Danny Elfman. I enjoyed it - good job!

Thanks for sharing!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Thanks Nate! Glad you like it! :)

Check out the gameplay in this video:

[media]
[/media]

I really liked the fun feel of "Jam with the grem". The vocal sample is really creative also. The drums really amazed me in this track as well

Your vollage is on the menu also sounds very well done.

Keep up the good work :)
Thanks!

Recording the gremlin voices for the in-game sound effects and the "Jam with the Grem" song was particularly fun. :)

Love it :) sounds extremely professional :)

Caleb
Thanks Caleb!

You guys are great. Really motivating!

Holy... that 'Village on the Menu' track got me swingin'. Nice work man. A lot of personality in these tracks.

Regarding the behind-the-scenes, could you list the hardware\software you used for this project?
Thanks Kryzon, appreciate it!

Regarding the behind-the-scenes, could you list the hardware\software you used for this project?

Sure, why not - I've got nothing to hide. smile.png

• Main DAW for this was the Ableton Live Suite 8, running on a MacBook Pro. I mostly used Live's Compressor and EQ8 for mix and master because I know them very well.
  • Most prominently featured AU instrument is probably the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold XP. I used a lot of pizzicato strings, solo woodwinds and tuned percussion.
  • Drums are XLN Addictive Drums, percussion is the Ableton Suite's Latin Percussion set (e-instruments), I'm pretty sure I recorded a shaker and a few claps myself though.
  • In "Waltz for Annie", you can hear my trusty Seagull Mini Jumbo steel string guitar.
  • The Gremlin voices were recorded through a budget condenser mic and then warped, pitched up and modified with a Grain Delay in Live.
  • Most of the other sound design was done foley-style with a Zoom H2 and edited within Live.
  • For reverb, I used the Lernvall LAConvolver with Voxengo impulse responses.
  • My audio interface is a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40.
  • For studio monitors I currently use a pair of ADAM A8X, though during the final master stage I also listened to both music and sounds through a lot of smaller speakers, including those of my MacBook - for obvious reasons.

That's pretty much it.

Cheers,
Moritz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement