Sign in to follow this  

NPC scripting

This topic is 2055 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, in the game I'm working on I would like to implement some sort of action/reaction behavior. Such as if the player steps on a bridge a troll comes running. or if the player leaves his home his friend comes runnig over to speak to him. Does anyone know an elegant way to do this? I was thinking about trying to implement stackless python into my game but I wasn't sure about how I should go about doing this. Does anyone know of any tutorials if this is the way I should go?

A trigger/response system is all I'm looking for. I just want to do it in a way that doesn't involve any hard-codeing. I'm using tmx maps so maybe I can place the triggers on the ground with the adress of the text file I should call and parse upon a collision.

Thankyou you for putting my thoughts in order, I was drastically overthinking the problem. Edited by GameGeazer

This topic is 2055 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.