AngelScript 2.23.1 is here

Started by
15 comments, last by WitchLord 11 years, 11 months ago
[color=#000000][font=Arial]

A new version is here. This release has been mostly focused on performance improvements and bug fixes, so there are not a lot of visible changes.[/font]

Especially the compatibility problems with Mac OS have been fixed. Apple had decided to change their compiler suite in the latest version of Mac OS X, and this made my code that has been working flawlessly for many years to break. As I do not have an up-to-date Mac it took a bit of trial and error to get things working again, but mainly thanks to Matt Bush, from Hitbox Team, who did a lot of testing for me, was I able to correct the problems.[/font]

Much of the performance improvements that has been made has been with the way the bytecode is generated. That together with the introduction of some new bytecode instructions, which replace frequently occurring bytecode sequences, should hopefully give a general performance boost for script execututions. I say hopefully, because it really depends on what your scripts look like.[/font]

Unfortunately the bytecode changes also means that the JIT compiler that Blind Mind Studios released in February needs to be updated before it can be used with this new version of AngelScript.[/font]

I've already contacted them, and they are working on getting the JIT compiler updated, in addition to further enhancements, e.g. support for 64bit Windows. Hopefully they will be able to complete that task soon.[/font]

Regards,[/font][color=#000000][font=Arial]

Andreas[/font]

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Thanks, Andreas!

've been waiting for this version to be relased, so we can bundle it with the upcoming release of Warsow :)
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Thanks, Andreas![/background]

[/font]

Compilation of debug angelscript library in msvc9 is broken sad.png

1>------ Build started: Project: angelscript, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>as_atomic.cpp
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(171) : error C2008: '$' : unexpected in macro definition
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(172) : error C2008: '$' : unexpected in macro definition
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(172) : warning C4005: '__' : macro redefinition
1> C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(171) : see previous definition of '__'
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(173) : error C2008: '$' : unexpected in macro definition
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(173) : warning C4005: '__' : macro redefinition
1> C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(172) : see previous definition of '__'
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(174) : error C2008: '$' : unexpected in macro definition
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(174) : warning C4005: '__' : macro redefinition
1> C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(173) : see previous definition of '__'
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(175) : error C2008: '$' : unexpected in macro definition
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\specstrings.h(175) : warning C4005: '__' : macro redefinition

... and so on

#define __$adt_prop(adt,prop)
#define __$adt_add_prop(adt,prop)
#define __$adt_remove_prop(adt,prop)
#define __$adt_transfer_prop(arg)
#define __$adt_type_props(typ)
#define __$volatile
#define __$nonvolatile
#define __$possibly_notnulltermiated
#endif // #if (_MSC_VER >= 1000) && !defined(__midl) && defined(_PREFAST_)

Release build compiles just fine.

The breakage is caused by the fact that language extensions are disabled for the Debug build in C/C++ :: Language tab.
Was this using the project from the sdk? If it was I'll have to fix it.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

thanks Andreas, best scripting language out their imo=-)
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Was this using the project from the sdk? If it was I'll have to fix it.
Yes, it was.
Interesting. I use MSVC9 myself and I always work with the debug version. I wonder how this got through. Thanks for reporting it. I'll look into it.

Thank you!
I will try the latest version soon.

Interesting. I use MSVC9 myself and I always work with the debug version. I wonder how this got through. Thanks for reporting it. I'll look into it.

Rev 1161: "Fixed compiler warnings."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement