Requesting Some Constructive Criticism!

Started by
3 comments, last by Azul 11 years, 11 months ago
Hi Folks,
I've been around here a while and constantly working on my craft. I'm finally delving into more orchestral style production. I wanted to get some feedback from some of the awesome folks here at gamedev.

http://soundcloud.com/azul1/f2-faroffdanger

I don't have the best tools available. I was planning to get some of the EWQL tools (had to use my money for food and rent..sigh!) but I had to use Logic's samples for this one. What I'm really hoping to understand is what I'm lacking in composition or production. I really am mostly used to mixing and mastering Rock and Electronic music, not orchestral.

Any suggestions? BE BRUTALLY HONEST! I want to keep improving and create a more professional sound. I feel kind of out of my comfort zone on the orchestral stuff, but lots of games want that these days.
Advertisement
Hey Azul, good stuff! I'm in the same boat as you with the whole rock backgroung thing. I feel like there is a bit of a lack of a main melody, but that might just be personal tastes. I like the choice of instruments. I'm sort of getting a melancholic feel, with a bit of hope. As if something bad has just happened, but there's a ray of hope shining through. Not sure if that's what you were going for, but that's what I envisioned. As for mixing, I think you did a pretty good job. All in all, it's a good starting place, and I look forward to seeing what you do with it and future pieces.

Keep it up!
Thanks! That was what I was going for, like things look bleak but its not over...

I like more melody myself, but it was supposed to be kind of in the background mostly...so it doesn't have too much driving melody.
Out of curiousity, what was this made for? A specific game, or just something you came up with?
For an iOS game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement