Mac software/plug-in recommendations

Started by
5 comments, last by CalebFaithMusic 11 years, 11 months ago
For you Mac users out there, just wondered if you had any suggestions for good software/plug-ins for creating digital music. I write a broad range of stuff so ideas for any type of style would be great. I'm currently using Logic Pro 9 for any live guitar or bass stuff with Steve Slate drums. On the electronic side I'm using Reason 4 with various plug-ins. One thing I'm desperately trying to find is a good Mac-compatible Orchestra VST or plug-in. All ideas will be greatly appreciated .
Advertisement
Hello,

Many (if not most) orchestral sample libraries are either Kontakt or Play format. Both Kontakt and Play engine are available as Mac Audio Units (AU).
We had some threads about orchestral plugins recently, use the search function to find them.

Edit:
The orchestral samples included with your Logic Studio aren't half bad to start with - ever played around with them? It might give you a better idea of what sounds you really need.

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

Thanks Mortiz,

I've only just started to venture in to the orchestral stuff, but I'll check out the built-in Logic stuff. Cheers!
Hey,

Try out EWQL Symphonic Orchestra :) I just got it and I strongly recommend it.
It has several different pricing quotas.

This is where I got it from:
http://www.soundsonline.com/Symphonic-Orchestra

Have Fun,
Caleb
Agreed, I've been getting by with the samples that come with logic, although they're lacking in some aspects. You can usually wring a good sound out of them with the right setup...I just ordered EWQL too! It should get here today!
Hi Caleb,

I did try EWQLSO on a friends set-up and was really impressed with the sound. Unfortunately I'm working on a very tight budget :P I know a cheaper option probably wouldn't sound as good, but if you have any suggestions that'd be great.

Julzshred
Hey JulzShred,

Sorry I don't really know any other sound libraries worth mentioning. I have tried out a few but none of them came close to EWQLSO :(
I'll have a look for you though :)

Caleb

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement