Sign in to follow this  

EnumObjects generates unahled exception

This topic is 2051 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm doing some discovery on my stick (X-52) and I'm getting an unhandled exception when I attempt to enumerate the objects on it. The drivers are the MS installed ones (as soon as I plug in my stick it installs them). I can't at this time install the Saitek drivers over it, so I'm stuck here now.

The callback prototype:

[CODE]BOOL CALLBACK ObjectCallback( LPCDIDEVICEOBJECTINSTANCE, VOID*);[/CODE]

The call:

[CODE] if( FAILED(hr = joystick->EnumObjects( ObjectCallback, NULL, DIDFT_ALL )))
return hr;[/CODE]

The callback function:

[CODE]BOOL CALLBACK ObjectCallback( LPCDIDEVICEOBJECTINSTANCE ObjectInstance, VOID *context)
{

JSControlData *jscinstance = new JSControlData;

memcpy( jscinstance, ObjectInstance, sizeof( JSControlData ));

jsdata.jscdata.push_back(jscinstance);

// keep going until we get them all.
return DIENUM_CONTINUE;
}[/CODE]

The error:
Unhandled exception at 0x01342e73 in jsfind.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xccccccd0.

It's happening in xutility, in the _Adopt function of the _Iterator_base12 structure. The parent is going in NULL, but I can't determine why.

If I build in release, it will get one object, then stop responding. And, yes, DI and the stick get created with no errors and I can get the capabilities as well, but I can't get info on each object.

Does anyone have any insight on this problem?

PS: Make that "unhandled" exception. I can't go back and edit the title. Edited by jfalstaff

Solved. For some reason, STL is choking it. I'll look into this more, but I'll have to use straight C for this quick implementation. Edited by jfalstaff

This topic is 2051 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.