opengl 4 tessellation linker error

Started by
11 comments, last by Yours3!f 11 years, 11 months ago

[quote name='Yours3!f' timestamp='1336324235' post='4937814']
another thing is that the normalization in the tessellation evaluation shader IS needed, without it the geometry won't "emerge" out of the surface.

Wouldn't this only work for unit-spheres?
Most often, I just pick an easy tessellation scheme like phong tessellation.
[/quote]

hmmm... I don't know smile.png well if no emerging happens then normalize otherwise don't. I'm not an expert in tessellation yet so I only wrote this by experience. Seems like for this scheme you do need normalization. Try it out with the elephant!
Advertisement

Try it out with the elephant!

I did, that’s why I was asking. smile.png

I have the te_position in world space, thus normalizing it projects the elephant back on the unit sphere (looks funny smile.png). If we’re trying to achieve a perfect sphere like in the example you linked, then sure, this is the best way to go, but in general it doesn’t seem right, I think.
Have you tried it with the elephant? (You probably have to change in the cpp-file the center to {0,0,0} and rStart to 10 in order to see something.)

[quote name='Yours3!f' timestamp='1336333001' post='4937854']
Try it out with the elephant!

I did, that’s why I was asking. smile.png

I have the te_position in world space, thus normalizing it projects the elephant back on the unit sphere (looks funny smile.png). If we’re trying to achieve a perfect sphere like in the example you linked, then sure, this is the best way to go, but in general it doesn’t seem right, I think.
Have you tried it with the elephant? (You probably have to change in the cpp-file the center to {0,0,0} and rStart to 10 in order to see something.)
[/quote]

ummm... frankly? no I haven't XD but now I did and it does project back onto the unit sphere... is this a bug or feature >) ? Well you're right I guess.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement