Sign in to follow this  

creating an online gambling game - where to start

This topic is 2049 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, Ive been asked to develop a very basic online legal gambling game. I can do the interface in flash and I was thinking of using Actionscript 3 for code. My friend is a programmer also so we can use another language.

From here I have no idea where else to look. There will players international (I hope) and many playing at one time, there will be less than 10 playing each game but there can be many games being played at one time, if that makes sense. Ive been recommended google apps or amazon for hosting services but I dont know what this all is. Im guessing to run the game on? It needs to read in credit card details.

Im at the very beginning of this so any help or a steer in the right direction would be great!! Edited by samsgamedev

[list]
[*]Be careful of international laws regarding online gambling.
[*]Use a merchant service to handle credit card details, unless you want to deal with PCI compliance and have the knowledge/skills to do so (you don't)
[*]You can use Google Apps or Amazon EC2 to host your server, yes.
[/list]
Excuse me for saying this, but it seems you need more experience before dealing with something where people have money at stake, else your venture could end badly.

You should start on good random numbers. If your randomizer is bad users can predict next exit by simply collecting numeric results. That's a quite easy task. Already done several times for learning purposes only

hi ndssia, my client has had legal advice on this game, and its not exactly a gambling game, just the easiest way to explain without going into detail. also he has a techy guy that i can get help with. im really just doing the basic code, interface and then putting it up on the web - im guessing using google apps or similar - the techy guy will organise the merchant service as you say to deal with the credit card details, I will just (for now) have a link going to it.. but not quite sure how it will integrate right now. once i have done my best i will hand it over to the techy or someone experienced that knows what they are doing, i just want to do the bulk or as much as i can and feel semi proud when it gets finished :)

demonrad - i wont be needing a randomizer in this case but thanks for the tip.

So if im using google apps for the hosting, what do you recommend I use to do the code model in, for the internet in particular? Excuse my terminology its been a few years since I have programmed. Should I just do the interface in flash and have a separate coding file that calls to the interface components?

This topic is 2049 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.