Sign in to follow this  

Hacking Sim: How should I access properies, and how should I code the hacking session?

This topic is 2050 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there, so I'm trying to code a console style Hacking sim on my phone using Python for Symbian, and I'm currently wonder on how should I access the object properties (like items, hardware). Currently the game properties in hierarchy style which goes like this.

Device.data
[CODE]
#basically this is the core file all subfiles get some additional data to isolate the modification of the devices.
[Device.data] #Core game properties for in game devices like hardware and such
type=main #Checks if it's a core file or not
<Device1>
property=propery
property=propery
property=propery
property=propery

<Device2>
property=propery
property=propery
property=propery
property=propery

<Device3>
property=propery
property=propery
property=propery
property=propery
[/CODE]

Here's an example sub file
[CODE]
[hosts.data] #hosts the properties of hosts

type=sub

<artem.com>
device=device.data:Device3 #it basically points to the device.data file and fetches the additional information needed.
port=1234
etc. etc.

<db.artem.com>
device=device.data:Device2
port=1234
etc. etc.
[/CODE]

Is that a good way to organize property or is there another way that's a lot better.

Now another problem of mine is that how should I code the initial hacking session, currently I'm pretty lost in here.
Should I create the whole session in a class file? Assigning certain functions like bounceback, connect, analyze, start>portscanner, etc?

Thanks!

This topic is 2050 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.