• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Suggestion for school-side project

This topic is 2146 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello to everyone. Been reading this forum sometimes, and now i think it is maybe a good time to start posting.

I m 29, and i m studying computer science in Norway. Its my first year but i got decent programming skills. I ve done a bit Java, actionscript, javascript and have some knowledge of C++.

I m looking to start making a game after my exams now, as a hobby project. Mostly during the summer but it will need more time of course later.

It ll be some kind of a simulator (like simcity but no city), probably 2d (but i m also thinking of isometric or 3d, want to try something new). I want to pick between android (java) or maybe unity (for android?) or WebGL (looks promising).

I d like your thoughts on those APIs/languages in relation to the time needed to invest.

As a reference, i programmed a game along with 2 other students for a course, last 3 months. This is the link:http://frigg.hiof.no/spillprg_v128/home.html (fla and swf files, site is in norwegian). I ve done most of the programming. I want to do something a bit more challenging now.

Thanks for reading.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement