Sign in to follow this  

Non-tragetting MMORPG networking protocol ?

This topic is 2042 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I didnt play any of new non-targetting MMORPG's, and even dont have any to test.
So i wonder. What exactly protocol they use ?

Reliable UDP or pure TCP ?

Because i know that for example many targetting MMORPGs used pure TCP: for example WoW and Lineage 2,
so what new games (for example TERA) use for NON-targetting networking model ? Edited by newbprofi

More interesting for me is TERA, because there is as i know fully non-target system.
Thats easy to detect: when you play TERA just watch your firewall and detect what exactly TERA uses (inside game, not launcher or smth):
1) Only TCP
2) TCP and also UDP
3) Only UDP (reliable UDP) Edited by newbprofi

You can easily answer this question yourself for about $35:

1) [url=http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=enchage-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B002I0HJG8]Buy the game[/url].
2) Install the game.
3) [url=http://www.wireshark.org/]Use Wireshark[/url] to see what packets the game sends.

[quote name='newbprofi' timestamp='1336445929' post='4938264']
nice joke, rly
[/quote]

My point is: it's not a joke. If this question is important enough to you that you want to request the time of a number of strangers on the internet, why is it not important enough to spend $35? It may be that you literally don't have $35 to spend, and that's a reasonable answer, but you should not discount the obvious, direct solutions out of hand!

This topic is 2042 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.