Language For HTML5 Games

Started by
3 comments, last by return0 11 years, 11 months ago
I was just wondering what is your opinion (as there probably is no real answer) about this: what is the best language for developing HTML5 games

I know JavaScript is the base of everything and I know it but it lacks classical inheritance. Prototypical inheritance is a mess. And I hate that there are no real private members. Well, probably it's something you can get used to. But like it wasn't enough, I have read that even people working for quite a while with JavaScript suggest using something else if your project contains LOTS of code.

I tries Dart but I hate the editor. It keeps stopping me from coding with that annoying message that a user command is pending. Seriously, annoying! But I like that it has operators and normal inheritance I am used to ;) Plus when it gets compiled to JavaScript, it contains LOTS of code even for a small application.

P.S. I am mostly interested in languages that can be compiled to JavaScript.
Advertisement
try GWT. coding in java is much more pleasant than in javascript.
You can probably pick any language and find a js compiler for it... https://github.com/jashkenas/coffee-script/wiki/List-of-languages-that-compile-to-JS
I have some bad feelings for Java. But GWT is not exactly that. Even then I have read that it is quite bulky. And I quite need a nice way to interact with other JS libraries and workers. I am going to make a game after all.

I don't want to compile it from a whole different language. That usually means slow development and poor tool integration with JS libraries, doesn't it?
Coffeescript

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement