I need some advice.

Started by
12 comments, last by jesot 11 years, 11 months ago
So my current thinking, thanks to all of your advice, is to build my skill through C# or C++ (or both?) and PHP. I think I'll get the most out of getting the C# to interface with a database and php. The triangle of awesome?

Do I need anything special to work with C# in a Linux environment?
Advertisement
You'll probably want to use Mono.

- Jason Astle-Adams

I think I'll get the most out of getting the C# to interface with a database and php. The triangle of awesome?

huh? blink.png With PHP, you are writing a program that runs on a web server and generates dynamic HTML pages (which may be data-driven). With C#, you do the same thing (within the context of ASP.Net, which requires Windows). If you are looking to make a web app, C# and PHP are two languages you can choose, but not both at the same time.

Do I need anything special to work with C# in a Linux environment?

I checked out the link to Mono, and I think that's all you'll need, assuming it includes a c# compiler.

huh? Posted Image With PHP, you are writing a program that runs on a web server and generates dynamic HTML pages (which may be data-driven). With C#, you do the same thing (within the context of ASP.Net, which requires Windows). If you are looking to make a web app, C# and PHP are two languages you can choose, but not both at the same time.

What I meant is that I can generate information to a database with C# and use the information that was sent to the database in php web pages or applications (and vice versa). It's mostly for experience.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement