Texture Bleeding

Started by
13 comments, last by TomKQT 11 years, 11 months ago
Just to be clear, you took the video with an external device, like a digital camera or camcorder, correct? If that's the case, then yes, its the monitor. If you used a screen-capture program like FRAPS or screencast, then it's not. I'm just confused by how true the scanlines are to the edge of the image, I'd have expected them to be crooked if you had used an actual camera.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Advertisement
The monitor mentioned by the OP is [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]1901FP LCD which seems not to be even from this decade. Seems that it was brand new year 2003.[/background]

[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Still, I'm confused of the interlaced kind of ghosting. I have seen such effect when viewing TV image on flat screen without deinterlacing. [/background]

[/font]

Best regards!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Still, I'm confused of the interlaced kind of ghosting. I have seen such effect when viewing TV image on flat screen without deinterlacing. [/background][/font]

Maybe the interlacement is caused just by the recording of the video?
I really wonder (as Ravyne) whether he recorded the monitor externally (using a camera) or captured the screen using some SW.
The image that has the interlacing represents what I was seeing but is not the actual issue. It's as close as to what I could get to demonstrate what I was seeing. Since I was unable to record a still frame, I knew it was my monitors at that point causing the ghosting effect. The image was taken from a video that was recorded with desktop recording software. When I played it I got the same ghosting effect but when I tried to grab a still frame the effect was gone. The closest thing I could get to show the issue was the video paused between frames, mimicking the ghosting issue.

@Kauna- Yes, I know my monitors have some age on them but I haven't had a need to replace them till now ;)

Thanks for the replies...
Yea, then it is 100 % clear, it is the monitor.
You would be able to record the issue, but only with a camera. But that's not necessary at all, we already know the source of the problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement