Sign in to follow this  

Need some advice/pointers for building a 2D stock charting package.

This topic is 2047 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi-

I am researching building a stock chart application, and I am looking for some resources that might help get me going. I actually have Practical Wpf Charts, which is pretty good at showing how to compose a chart, but it crucially doesnt support logarithm scales. I feel this book has some good foundations on which I could build something. I also found Zed Graph which is also very good, and actually has a LogScale scaling class, but I was unable to get this working properly. Between the book and the Zed Graph code, I could probably spend the next month studying and have a better idea. But I was hoping to find something that might talk more about the building blocks of building a graphics charting application. The book covers material very very quickly, and some key things dont get explained. This is why I hit a brick wall and went searching further, uncovering Zed Graph.

Zed Graph seems to do some very complicated things with the scaling, but initially I was under the impression scaling wasnt that hard. In the book the data is converted from world coordinates to screen coordinates, and I was thinking all I would do is first take the input data and perform log functions on it, then convert it to screen coordinates. But Zed Graph does a lot more, and it is here I find myself - wanting to take a step back and see if I can find something thats helpful in describing how to put a charting application/control together.

I realize this is a long shot....thanks in advance!

MF.

This topic is 2047 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.