High Detailed Specification of Playstation Move

Started by
3 comments, last by Nik02 11 years, 11 months ago
Hi guys,

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, so feel free to move it to the correct section of the forum if must.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows a website or article that gives you high-level detail spec of the PS Move?

What I mean by high-level spec is information like whats the update/refresh rate of the kit, what accelerometer it's using, etc.

Any info would be greaty appreciated.

Thanks
Advertisement
I believe that obtaining this information (legally from official sources) requires that you are a registered PS3 developer. In order to achieve that status, you need to have a stable company with certain annual turnaround and a proven track record in commercial game development.

Niko Suni

I believe that obtaining this information (legally from official sources) requires that you are a registered PS3 developer. In order to achieve that status, you need to have a stable company with certain annual turnaround and a proven track record in commercial game development.

No offence, but I wonder how Johnny Chung Lee manage to find so much information about the wii remote if what you've said is true... Of course, I can crack open my PS Move if I really want to and look at the internal hardwares for more detailed information, but no way I'm doing that on my brand new PS Move kit lol
I imagine he typed "Wii homebrew scene" into google and joined the thousand other hackers with bluetooth dongles and tri-wing screwdrivers.

Nik02's right -- I could give you detailed spec's on Sony products, but my employer could possibly have their development license revoked, and I would certainly be fired... So getting official data is always going to be difficult in general.

However, a search for "ps3 move homebrew" turns up this official sony site, where they've released an official homebrew SDK for the move... so that might be a good place to start.
It is of course possible to reverse engineer the product, but I said "legally from official sources" :)

That said, I wasn't aware that Sony already published a homebrew SDK for the Move. I would imagine that it contains enough data to begin utilizing the hardware, if not full tech specs.

Niko Suni

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement