I have learned direct3d, what next?

Started by
1 comment, last by Gabriele Marchi 11 years, 11 months ago
HI! I'm a new user, Gabriele! I have just found this site and i think it's amazing! ^^
I've some question that are tormenting me!
I've followed a lot of tutorial, books and read a lot of code and i have learned to use Direct 3D whit directX 10 to implement a scene and fill the world whit my 3dstudiomax models, i've learned lot of thecnichs like bump mapping,varius effects, water, lights, implement movement,audio and so on..
So now i've my character that turn aimlessly like a ghost that pass through[size=2]

the model.

I would like to know a method to implement the animation in my engine..
i've animated my charcter in 3dstudio but i'm not able to do a importer of the animations, i'try a lot of format of exportation from 3dstudio, but reeally i don't get the point, i spending a lot of time searching online too ,but i found only a lot of discussion abount the .x file that works only in directX9 and too difficult discussion that requires a knowledge of directX that i don't have and i don't know where i can find it ..
More or less the same thing it appends to me tryng to learn collision detection and phisycs for games..
So I download some books on the AI thats are even more difficult to implement XD

So my question is, what should i study after the Direct3D? which is the next step to do? My impression is to have a precipice ahead! ^^

Furthermore can you suggest me some site,some books and other stuff that cover this argoments completely and clearly?

Hope that someone will help me! Game programming is my real passion, but i'm in this stall from two mounth and it begins to totter and it is frustrating!

thank's,Gabriele! ^^

Ps: sorry for my bad english.. (i'm italian XD)

Advertisement
My question is, what is your goal? For me, my goal is to make a complete game. At first I tried to make a game that involved animated models, and some other things that were way too complicated for my level of skill. Now I am going to make a darts game, which should be simple enough for me to finish the project. There is no occlusion culling or skinmesh animation required.

So, what you should do next depends on what your goals are. If you want to make a complete game, keep it SIMPLE. After you finish that game, you can always go back and try something that uses all the cool graphic effects you've learned.
Thank u very much for the answer! ^^
My goal (and my dream) is work for game industry working on game engines!
Until now, my goal has ever been to learn!!
I feel that these arguments are too complicate for my level of skill too!
So do you think make a complete (and not much complicate) project should [color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]help me to clear my mind, before to pass at more difficult arguments?[/background][/font]
it's sound an excellent advice! ^^ I have been so much greedy to learn more that i never thought to stop a moment to absorb all!!
hehe!, so now i'll make my first, complete , game , and i'll face this problem later, more clear-headed!

Thank's, gabriele!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement