No Diablo 3 Threads?

Started by
87 comments, last by BLiTZWiNG 11 years, 10 months ago
Enh. I like these sort of games being easyish. Run around, blast things, get loot. The occasional death to swarms of pigmies or bosses is fine, but having to run the same area over and over (or permadeath) is annoying. D2 wasn't exactly the most difficult thing in the world. Torchlight was difficult at times because of balance issues, but was fun regardless.

We'll see about D3 tonight.
Advertisement
How does Diablo 3 compare to, say, Dungeon Siege? By reading through this thread, it makes me think the two are quite similar.
I could be wrong about the difficulty[/quote]

Difficulty for the rest of the game is same as D2. Mostly it's easy, sometimes it takes a tiny bit of tactics, then suddenly you get swarmed and die.

But it takes a quick look at auction house to realize just how far things can scale. For example, the items I have are +10..+20 int bonus, stuff on auction house is up to +50. So full good set would give ~500% damage vs. current ~200%. Same for everything else. And this is just for normal and what's available after first day.

the lack of customization[/quote]

If you mean resists, then that is somewhat gone. The rest is about the same.

Either way, D3 is loot farming game, the rest is just decoration. Not saying it's great, just that it's Diablo and what it has always been.
After playing the beta and then beating Act 1 today, I can safely say... it's Diablo. It might not be a fantastic GOTY or revolutionary, but it is a Diablo game. ...And I'm pretty sure that's what we were all expecting, right?
Thank god I didn't buy that piece of shit
You sound as if a Diablo CD once insulted your mother? cool.png
Just bought it. Servers are down for maintenance. :(

Just bought it. Servers are down for maintenance. sad.png

The American servers have been down more than they've been up, so far.

If you want to play while the American servers are down, you can temporarily switch your server to the Asia or Europe server (Main menu -> Options -> Account). None of your characters will carry over, so I suggest only doing this if you REALLY hate waiting for the American servers.

[quote name='JTippetts' timestamp='1337142573' post='4940583']
Just bought it. Servers are down for maintenance. sad.png

The American servers have been down more than they've been up, so far.

If you want to play while the American servers are down, you can temporarily switch your server to the Asia or Europe server (Main menu -> Options -> Account). None of your characters will carry over, so I suggest only doing this if you REALLY hate waiting for the American servers.
[/quote]

Its the same with EU servers on european evenings, I got it on launch (free from the wow annual pass) and still havn't been able to play.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
I heard that the server issues crashed SC2 also. Can anybody verify?
I heard that the server issues crashed SC2 also. Can anybody verify?
I haven't seen any issues, although I do play SC2 on the SEA server and there's no SEA D3 servers. I did notice the SC2 battle.net website was down for maintenance during the D3 launch night (the same time the D3 battle.net website went down).
[edit]Yep, me and friends have experienced SC2 login failures over the past few days...
Heh, just got home from work and tried to play it again. Servers are down. Either again or still, I couldn't say.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement