• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help...Over Here...... PLZ

This topic is 5947 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
The best way to learn, at least for me, is to look at codes beyond your current abilities, and from what you learn from the more complex code, apply it to some basics. Eventually the complex code won't be complex anymore, and thats when you move on to the more complex. It usually takes about a year to be really good with it, but requires alot of patience and understanding. You need to realize things will not make sense when you start out...it seems fustrating, but in the end, if you really want to do something like this, it will be worth it.

Edited by - Soul Blade on October 11, 2001 1:41:07 AM

Observing code can be good and bad. You can learn a lot of nifty techniques from the code of others, but you can also learn a lot of bad habits if you follow them too closely (such as all the aspiring developers who rushed to study Carmack''s Doom and Quake source.)

Proper coding practices stem from a proper understanding of programming principles, which are not learnt from code; they''re learnt from good books and better professors.

Yeah i agree....but some code helps.....not everybody is the same...

Looking at code works for me though!!

"...or give an example or somehtign like that!"
"Im not dumb and I could figure that out myself!!!"

Here, have some tetris source code. It''s "somehtign" for you to figure out. Please tell us how well you understand it.

(use winrar to read the archive)

• Advertisement