[Android] Free memory game : YaMeMo

Started by
9 comments, last by PicoLudi 11 years, 3 months ago
Hello,

I'd like to present you my first Android game : it's a free memory game called YaMeMo

Its basically a remake of the classic memory game (you find pairs of matching cards), but also features new game modes:
- in trio you have to find 3 matching cards instead of 2 (much more challenging than it seems)
- in versus you play in turns against one of the bots
There is a combo based scoring system that will hopefully have you play again to beat your highscore.
Five themes are featured in the game and more will be added in next releases.

I'd really like to get some feedback about it, and if you like it, rate it and tell your friends !

Screenshots :
screen_versus_animals.pngscreen_symbols.png

QR code for direct access on google play:
qr_yamemo_0.png
Advertisement
An update has been published with minor graphical fixes. It also supports install to SD (which should motivate me for making new themes !)
A new update has been published with the new CHRONO game mode. It's really different from the time based modes of other memory games, you should try the challenge !

This new mode might need a little balancing. Feedback will be most welcome !
Halloween update has been released : it contains a new theme, and a marquee that display game stats on the start page.
As always, feedback will be most welcome !
Nice job for a first game, congratulations. Graphics look nice and smooth, though since I'm reviewing I'll bring up two minor points:

• Some of the text is super small on my device, you might want to use more density independent measurements. Especially the ticker and some of the words in the score bar, they were about a millimeter high on my screen (HDPI), much smaller than in your screenshots.
  • Chrono mode was somewhat confusing, I didn't really understand why the board kept resetting (time based? score based? number of matches?). Maybe could give some contextual feedback there to explain what's going on.

Otherwise nice job! Had the sound off on my phone so can't comment on any music/sfx that might exist.
[size=2]My Projects:
[size=2]Portfolio Map for Android - Free Visual Portfolio Tracker
[size=2]Electron Flux for Android - Free Puzzle/Logic Game
Thanks a lot for the feedback !

I'll make more tests on different resolutions, and screen sizes. It's not as easy as using xml layout since most of the game view 's layout is done programmatically (maybe I should change that as well).
Chrono mode gives new cards every time you have uncovered half the board + 1 pair. You get a (decreasing) time bonus each time until the countdown is over.

There's no sound/music yet. It's probably the next step.

Thanks again for taking the time to give me feedback !
Nice game, i'm missing a highscore list though.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Hey thanks for your feedback Simon. Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been on a kid-free computer-free and unexpectedly 3G-free vacation.

Do you mean you'd like to see your own highscore table or a global score table to compete with other players ?

Hey thanks for your feedback Simon. Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been on a kid-free computer-free and unexpectedly 3G-free vacation.

Do you mean you'd like to see your own highscore table or a global score table to compete with other players ?

Having a personal highscore table would be nice enough i guess, (i can see my best score allready though, but the scrolling is a bit annoying since you have to wait for the game mode you're interested in to show up)
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
I'm working on the Christmas edition, I'll see if I can add this in time. Thanks again for your feedback :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement