League of Legends Stage Concept

Started by
3 comments, last by AoS 11 years, 11 months ago
I have a design for a stage in League of Legends, and while it is not complete yet, I would like to see what other gamers think of it. I know Riot has released over 9000 characters lately (a bit of an exaggeration of course) but in the 3 years they have been around, there are still only 2 good stages to play on in the normal game mode. I don't know about you, but for me as a gamer that is simply not acceptable. My stage is not yet complete, and if you only look at the picture you won't see where I've put the fog (my replacement for "tall grass" or "brush" to hide and stealth in) but you should get a good idea as to where the lanes are and where the "jungle" area would be (though I guess you can't call it a jungle inside a ruined castle......)

what I'm looking for here is ideas to pitch in. I've included a link here to a playable .exe file ( http://goo.gl/yzcHJ ) and I know alot of people don't want to open a strange .exe file on the internet, but it's the only file type I can export from Unity 3D for the time being. I'm sure someone will open it and verify in the replies that it is in fact not harmful (I dont even know how to code a virus...)

for those of you who don't want to take the risk, I've included a picture of the map as well...

I'm open to any ideas and criticism and I hope to make this happen in the real game!!
Advertisement
I would also like to add that I'm not done texturing the ground
I think this looks like a Game Design question, not a programming question. So I'm moving it.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Before I would give any detailed feedback (although I'm not a LoL player really so I'm not sure how good any feedback would be) I would really advise going over the image in PS or paint and quickly drawing on the fog, lanes, any other points of interest along with annotations. That will at least give people a better idea of the level without having to download the .exe .

Also were did you get your inspiration from? and did you do research into other MOBA games and their level design?
I wish LoL had more demigod style arenas to play on.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement