Easy Physics Library for Java?

Started by
6 comments, last by Nitros8891 11 years, 10 months ago
Hi guys, I'm here because I need your review about Physx for java, I have to do a gravity emulator, The idea is that a circle is assigned a weight, and the gravity is there to lure down, ok I see a engine named JBullet buttttt this is only, you know, for physic, the other library is LWJGL and is for programming game, which is the best and easy to use of both [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]options??? Can you tell me....?[/background][/font]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]PD:... Excuse me for my Noob english but, I don't speak english... sorry[/background][/font]

Advertisement
You can use both of them:
LWJGL is for SHOWING things on the screen, it makes OpenGL avaiable for Java.
JBullet on the other hand CALCULATES your things, you can just tell the results of the calculations to LWJGL and let it render for you.

However, you will be forced to use an old version of LWJGL (2.2.2 instead of 2.8.3), since there are compatibility problems, as you can see here:
http://www.gamedev.n...jbullet-engine/

But if downgrading is not the problem for you, you may very well go with both of them.
ok I can use both of them, tha's great, but my intentions are to go for the easy way, if I go for LWJGL.. will I use the phisics code, as well as JBullet? I only need gravity and collisions code, pre-created, and I just gonna use it...

By the way, JmonkeyEngine 3 have gravity and collisions tutorial, what do you think about it?
JBox2D or the native binding of LibGdx to Box2d are possible options as well.

JBox2D or the native binding of LibGdx to Box2d are possible options as well.

thanks, but I've Seen it and I didn't like it
Hi again, I've been looking for information of two physical libraries (JBox2D and JBullet) and the truth is that, I find no information about them, there is no documentation or any decent tutorial that can be followed, anyone know any other? Thanks
I've been looking for information of two physical libraries (JBox2D and JBullet) and the truth is that, I find no information about them, there is no documentation or any decent tutorial that can be followed, anyone know any other? T[/quote]
They both say - very explicitly - that nothing was changed in the C-to-Java port and therefore to consult the base (read: the C or C++ library) documentation for all examples and issues.

Fuzzy was Kevin Glass' small wrapper around Box2d (for Slick -> use Mercurial to check it out and Ant to build it) which might be useful.
Man I don't want to bother you, but seriously is really hard if we have not a tutorial, and there is a diference between Bullet and JBullet, and that difference is the names of the classes.... Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement