unity 3d and C# book

Started by
3 comments, last by David Miles 11 years, 10 months ago
Does anyone know of a good beginners book on C# and Unity that uses Visual C# 2010?

or should I first learn xna before Unity?
Advertisement
If you are new to game design and the C# language in general, then learning XNA is a very good idea. It will teach you alot of fundamental concepts to create a game from scratch in XNA and help you understand what actually goes on behind the scenes in a game engine such as Unity.

If you are not new to programming in general, and you have a basic knowledge of C#, Unity is ridiculously easy to learn. It is nearly all drag and drop. And the only documentation you will need for scripting is http://unity3d.com/s...ence/index.html .

I've not really needed a book to learn unity, there are so many free sources of information available. Their community is incredibly helpful, and as you can see, their documentation is 1 of the best.
Is there a good c# and xna book that you would recomend?
You may find this helpful. It's a round-up of all current and in development Unity books, with all details ( page count, rating, table of contents, author, description, etc... ) all on a single page.

It however isn't a recommendation. There aren't too many books on C# specifically with Unity, this one is the only one, and it doesn't come out until next month!

All told though, learning C# separately from Unity is probably a good idea, although learning XNA is probably a waste of time if Unity is your end game.
I am almost through with Head First C# 2nd edition what book would yall recomend after this one? BTW I am not just reading it I am doing all the programming in the book and then some. I just like to have a book to guide my learning.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement