• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
David Miles

Unity unity 3d and C# book

This topic is 2354 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know of a good beginners book on C# and Unity that uses Visual C# 2010?

or should I first learn xna before Unity? Edited by Cayliff

Advertisement
If you are new to game design and the C# language in general, then learning XNA is a very good idea. It will teach you alot of fundamental concepts to create a game from scratch in XNA and help you understand what actually goes on behind the scenes in a game engine such as Unity.

If you are not new to programming in general, and you have a basic knowledge of C#, Unity is ridiculously easy to learn. It is nearly all drag and drop. And the only documentation you will need for scripting is http://unity3d.com/s...ence/index.html .

I've not really needed a book to learn unity, there are so many free sources of information available. Their community is incredibly helpful, and as you can see, their documentation is 1 of the best. Edited by dAND3h

You may find this helpful. It's a round-up of all current and in development Unity books, with all details ( page count, rating, table of contents, author, description, etc... ) all on a single page.

It however isn't a recommendation. There aren't too many books on C# specifically with Unity, this one is the only one, and it doesn't come out until next month!

All told though, learning C# separately from Unity is probably a good idea, although learning XNA is probably a waste of time if Unity is your end game.

I am almost through with Head First C# 2nd edition what book would yall recomend after this one? BTW I am not just reading it I am doing all the programming in the book and then some. I just like to have a book to guide my learning.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!