A way to Delete my account? Please?

Started by
7 comments, last by Lite_Noxus 11 years, 10 months ago
[color=#000000][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(238, 240, 249)]Hello! I'd really like to have my account deleted, and if it's not possible I would like to have most of the information either erased or changed. I would like my username to be changed to something else, because I still use it and my younger self was pretty stupid making my internet presence and reputation pretty bad. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks![/background][/font]

Advertisement

[background=rgb(238, 240, 249)]Hello! I'd really like to have my account deleted, and if it's not possible I would like to have most of the information either erased or changed. I would like my username to be changed to something else, because I still use it and my younger self was pretty stupid making my internet presence and reputation pretty bad. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks![/background][/font]

Dude, no body remembers or cares. This is the internet for peat's sake!smile.png
If you really want to scrub then you can access your profile and remove all the public information. You can also change your username yourself as well. We don't delete accounts.

I'd probably be a bit embarrassed too if I looked back at some of the older posts I made when I first came around here. Everyone has those. We were all young and stupid once...

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Some of us are old and stupid too. :)

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave".[/font]

I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.
I'd probably be a bit embarrassed too if I looked back at some of the older posts I made when I first came around here. Everyone has those. We were all young and stupid once...[/quote]
*checks out Gaiiden's old posts*

It is becoming an increasingly valid concern though as companies are more and more tempted to do a background search with your name, which can compromise you getting a job or whatnot. That said, unless what you said is extremely controversial or has been made very public, nobody except perhaps your stalker will bother tracing you down to your Gamedev posts, that takes way too much time and energy.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

*checks out Gaiiden's old posts*

Let me know if you find any good ones :P

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I'm eternally grateful that I just missed the cut-off date for Facebook being a thing when I was in high school (it didn't come around till my second year of college). LiveJournal was bad enough; I can't imagine the sheer amount of hormonal, emo BS that would've been attached to my online presence.

Life in the Dorms -- comedic point-and-click adventure game out now for Xbox Live Indie Games!

My portfolio: http://paulfranzen.wordpress.com/

Thanks guys for the responses.

I'm eternally grateful that I just missed the cut-off date for Facebook being a thing when I was in high school (it didn't come around till my second year of college). LiveJournal was bad enough; I can't imagine the sheer amount of hormonal, emo BS that would've been attached to my online presence.

Yup that annoys me most. To be honest, I was pretty mature for a 13 year old, but still think that I have said some pretty stupid things and I look back and laugh at it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement