• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Canvas

Simple question

This topic is 2322 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I have started to create a project with Visual studio express 2010 version C++, I have some external DLL (SDL and SDLimage), Now how do i go about actually created a compiled exe from my project? so i can give my exe and dlls to someone else, so they can use my program, i dont want to the images or have the source code, just the exe, anyone know a simple guide or simple steps to take?

Cheers

Canvas

Advertisement
Build -> Configuration Manager -> Active solution Configuration...set this to release.

Rebuild all/Build solution.

You will then find the newly created release folder inside the bin folder in your projects solution directory. This contains your .exe. Edited by dAND3h

when i try that i get a error saying that it cannot open include file SDL.h, how do i fix that?

when i try that i get a error saying that it cannot open include file SDL.h, how do i fix that?

You need to include the path to SDL.h into your include directory search. There should be an option somewhere in the Build Configuration (I haven't used Visual Studio in a while). Just point it to your SDL include folder.

I have in VC++ Directories, I have the location of my SDL folder, the code compilers fine in debug but not release still

If I remember right, your release version needs these to be set again. You probably set them for debug and it goes away when you switch. I think it is under Project->Project Options.

yep i have fixed my release, but i also have a small problem, my program uses gif's, now i dont want a user to edit them, how can i convert them to a format then decompile them in my code then feed that decompressed file to SDLimage???

Photoshop can save a C file. I've never tried using the actual file, but I have saved with it to see what it generates.

EDIT: May have been GIMP. I know one of them did. Edited by Dragonsoulj

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!