Best game for modding for beginners?

Started by
2 comments, last by Carbon101 11 years, 10 months ago
I don't know if this is the right section for this question...but I want to get into modding this summer and I'm interested in knowing which is the best game to mod for beginners. I am a student in high school and don't have a lot of knowledge in advanced programming topics such as inheritance, polymorphism and etc. I want to start modding for the educational experiences of it. So far a friend recommended Elders Scroll Morrowind and Fallout 3. I read that Crysis is pretty good but I want more options. In terms of game programming, I am making a pong clone but my computer died and when my new rig arrives I plan to continue development immediately. Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Erm, that really depends on everything. Are you modding to learn level design? story design? character design? What is your goal?

What do you want to make?

You can mod Dink Smallwood. Unreal Engine, Halo, CSS, Half-Life, World of Goo, Braid, Portal...

I said Dink Smallwood first, because it's the first thing I ever modded.

Engineering Manager at Deloitte Australia

Valve has quite the modding community. Their products are great.

Never dealt with Source, however I've heard its a chore.
My goal is more geared towards programming such as AI. Again, I am a noobie when it comes it modding so excuse me if I wasn't transparent enough. I guess level design is something that is also interesting as well. Keep the suggestions coming.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement